Birth Legends: The Mark of a Psychic

September 8, 2006 at 12:00 pm

Psychics are born into this world and there are specific traits or characteristics that mark one with such power, such as a veiled birth: legends. Each of us has, at some point or another, experienced a moment of foresight. For instance, thinking of someone just as she or he calls on the phone or somehow knowing what the next song on the radio will be. Moments like these often make one stop to ask, “Was that a coincidence or am I psychic?” Although it would be wise to consider whether or not your favorite radio station rotates the same 50 songs day after day, it very may well be that you are at least a little bit psychic.

Of course some people, like musical proteges, have the gift more than others, and from a very early age. Many of us study and practice a musical instrument for years, achieving a moderate level of proficiency, while others take to it with what appears to be lightning speed, able to identify and play notes on hearing them, visualizing music and hearing music play in their heads. The very best psychics have a similar gift, an extraordinary Extra Sensory Perception (ESP).

One of the earliest marks of a psychic takes place at birth when a child is born in the caul (also referred to as veil or hood). The caul is a thin membrane, part of the amniotic sac in which the baby grows while in the womb. A child born with a caul usually emerges with the amnion covering his or her head. It has been described as a shimmering veil. The caul is harmless and easily removed by a doctor or midwife. Those born this way are referred to as caulbearers. These types of births are very rare, especially today due to more interventive birthing techniques.

There is much folklore associated with caul births. In certain societies caulbearers were burned as witches and thought to be werewolves or vampires. For the most part, however, being born with a caul was seen as a good omen, a sign of luck and greatness, the mark of kings (caulbearers being born already crowned).

Thought to bring wisdom, honor and truth, cauls were often purchased by Greek and Roman statesmen. In Scandinavian tradition, the caul was associated with the presence of an accompanying spirit called a fylgja, which after birth would manifest as an animal, object or person. In other societies, caulbearers were believed to be impervious to drowning, and the cauls themselves (which can be dried and saved), were highly sought after by sailors, who would buy them and often wear them in lockets as prevention against drowning. Amniomancy, a form of divination, was practiced by interpreting the caul. Cauls were often kept as heirlooms. Upon the death of the bearer, it was said that the caul should be burned so its owner could rest peacefully.

Caulbearers are also said to have the ability to be able to detect underground water, to predict weather changes and to know when fish and food will be plentiful.

In addition to all this is the psychic ability. Born behind the veil, caulbearers are believed to possess special sensitivities, to have the ability to navigate between many worlds and to see the future. Along with the psychic gift, they are also said to be natural healers, practicing via laying on of hands or doing distance healing.

Caulbearer infants are usually easy babies. As they develop, caulbearers can potentially be misunderstood because people sense that they are different. If you know a child or have a child born with a caul, being aware of these associations may help sensitize you to their potential needs and gifts. However, it’s important to bear in mind that all children, born with a caul or not, should be treated no differently and allowed to develop whatever psychic, healing or special talents they may have.

Some famous caulbearers include Alexander the Great, Jesus, the poet Lord Byron and the mystic poet Kahlil Gibran.

Do you need guidance? A clue about what’s ahead? Call 1.800.573.4830 or click here now.

32 Responses to “Birth Legends: The Mark of a Psychic”

1. Sharyn May 26, 2014 at 11:37 pm

I like what yoou guyss are up too. Such clever work and coverage!
    Keep up thee superb works guys I’ve incorporated
    yoou guys to blogroll.

2. jennifer May 23, 2014 at 9:43 am

Myself my mother and my brother all have a

3. Dalorean February 25, 2014 at 6:37 pm

I am able to navigate between many worlds and see the future.. I was born with a veil .. In my dreams, I get to fly and bounce from one place to another world .. It’s scary what I can see in the dream world , but I guess. That’s one of my trait, and I am used to it.

4. priscilla January 13, 2014 at 8:19 am

I was born with a veil sometime I wish I didn’t see things before it happen but I do it can get scary help

5. Iva Mosher December 23, 2013 at 12:43 pm

I was born 2/14/80 in the U.S and also a caulbearer. My mother told me the doctor told her that its good luck. I have had a few dreams that have came true amd some that where stranhely realistic. I also have good intuition when I meet people. There has been times that I have kicked people out of my house for no reason….I just get this overwhelming feeling that they are no good.
    Never understood how or why till now. Ive been doing some research on being a caulbearer and I would definitely like to know more and how I can bring out the best of my abilities if possible.

6. Lisa lipscomb November 3, 2013 at 11:45 pm

I was born with a caul or veil, and I am a 13th child, can any one help me cause when I was a teen about 15 there was this voice that said to me that tonight the night is the witching hours an all the golbbesaws an goules will be out tonight. An then I saw something else that you would not believe. So can someone help me what does it mean when your born a 13th child an a caul over your face please you call me at then this number asap 708

7. D. Diamond September 19, 2013 at 3:28 pm

I was born with a veil. My mother always told me she was upset because the doctor discarded it. My father was a sailor and she was told if he carried it he would not drown or be harmed at sea. That was all I knew about it. I don’t have any psychic abilities that I am aware of. I have had feelings of dejavu but nothing out of the ordinary. I do think I may have a gift of some kind of enlightenment. I seem to be able to calm and gently persuade people and help them to realize some truths and feel better. A way of maybe more like a spiritual healing, if that makes sense. Just thought I’d share that. I Don’t like crowds, always more comfortable in a smaller group or setting. I can really identify with people.

8. Sarah Kelly September 8, 2013 at 5:15 am

My nan was a caulbearer and I’m wondering if these gifts can be passed along! I have always felt a very strong bond with her and have similar experiences to some earlier posts! I have had out of body experiences and have had a lot of premonitions in dreams! I was aware of when my nan was going to die something very strong was telling me I don’t how! I’ve felt that she has never left my side I feel her presence all the time! I am in possession of the caul! 93 yrs old and still in good condition! Does anyone know if this is possible to pass on!??

9. leanna marie August 19, 2013 at 6:25 am

I wasn’t born with a caul but am different. Being born with a caul is not what makes you different it is they way that you are. There are only a few people like me although many people think that they are different or special when achually they are not. You will know if you have powers and it will show but jaut because you were born in a caul does not mean that you do.

10. RLP August 18, 2013 at 9:41 am

I found this site quite by accident, but found the topic appealing. I am 61 years old and was born with a full veil. My mother hadn’t told me until I was in my late twenties, but the description definitely explains a lot of what was happening to me most of my life up to that point. I was unable to describe what I was doing or experiencing until I was 21 and purchased a book called ‘The Psychic Sciences.’ Through reading that book I discovered that at the tender age of four I was astral projecting (spirit leaves the physical body). When in my teens I was having precognitive dreams and visions that always came true just as I described it to others. When I started telling people beforehand as a warning of what would happen to them, when it came true they became terrified of me. I could spend ten minutes with a person and tell them everything about them. I’d be in a car with a person and scream for them to immediately stop, avoiding a fatal accident minutes before happening. I had dreams of accidents I’d be in and tell others…two weeks later it would occur as I described. I had a conversation with a dead relative while astral projecting, and knew years before when they would expire. I had visions of angels and been attacked by spiritual demons which were successfully cast off. Being so tied with the spiritual realm is dangerous if you do not have discernment, which I learned the hard way. In 1982 I was saved and soon afterwards baptized in the Holy Spirit.

So, I guess in my particular walk in life you could call me psychic. However, the down side is loneliness. When you answer to a higher vibration of spirituality and if you cannot keep it a secret, people will be afraid of you or intimidated. You will be labeled as a kook at best if not entirely crazy. I was married for 20 years and knew before we were married why we would eventually wind up divorced. I would travel with my husband and when I laid my hand on a plane refusing to board it, he’d rail in a rage at me. He got on the plane…only to sit there for 45 minutes and be told by the pilot that everyone had to get off because they had trouble with the left engine…..when he approached me, I said “It was the left engine, right?” he stared at me with fear. That should have convinced him, but it didn’t for long. Most of my friends thought me odd or strange, but liked me and was popular for my sense of humor.

Another time my husband and I were flying home from vacation and he wanted to take a later flight. I knew it was a bad move, but he argued the point. Twenty minutes from landing the plane jerked violently and fought terrible turbulence like I never experienced. It was so awful even the stewardesses were strapped into their seats crying. I closed my eyes amid all the screams, crying and sounds of vomiting and began to pray. Suddenly I heard an actual audible voice that said “Fear Not.” All of the sudden the image of angels holding up the jet’s wings came to me. I opened my eyes and looked over to my terrified husband and asked with amazement, “Did you hear that?” Of course he thought I was nuts. I then realized he hadn’t but told him, “We are going to be alright, we are going to make it!” As soon as I said that the terrible shaking and dropping of the plane stopped and we had a smooth landing. Needless to say the people on the plane applauded and gave a huge sigh of relief. Before I got off the plane, I peeked into the cockpit at the crew .They had gone through the wringer and they looked it, The captain appeared wiped out so I smiled at him and said “Great job, thanks!” He smiled a bit and appreciated the compliment but doubted it was his skill that landed that plane.

I could go on and on with many more amazing psychic stories, but I think those examples would suffice. So being born with a veil must have some credibility to it. We are blessed on one hand, but on the other cursed. I am grateful for the gift and feel blessed. I enjoy being a part of something that seems most special!

11. Lashantua August 6, 2013 at 4:32 am

All my life I thought I was wierd and was too afraid to talk to others about my situation. Every since I was a child I could see strange things. As I approached my early twenties I started having dreams about things that would actually come true, then they turned into premonitions. I have had a lot of out of body experiences as well as being visited by the other side while having these out if body experiences. Now I am forewarned by this strong spiritual sensation right before someone I know passes away. Creepy I know. It wasn’t until I turned 30 that my mother finally told me that I was born with a veil. Thanks a lot mom. That explains my strange life .

12. sam July 7, 2013 at 7:54 pm

i iandvertently met a caulbearer who inadvertently performed remote healing for my pain. its amazing!!now he realises he may have the gift of healing and is exploring it,these mysteries of the subconscious world are rarely revealed and i feel fortunate to have received it.b the way he is also born in 1981!!!

13. Rose June 29, 2013 at 4:33 pm

I was born with a veil and was gifted with many God given talents but this has left me lonely. I would like to talk to other people like me as i believe they would understand

14. DreamWalker Rain April 15, 2013 at 7:54 pm

What does it mean to be born with a halo.

15. DreamWalker Rain April 15, 2013 at 7:52 pm

What does it mean to be born with a halo. They say that a Nurse saw a halo over me and only those whom where born with it could see other halos over others that were born. She told my mom that it meant that I had guardian angels who would surround me through out my life. Is this true or can someone tell me please what it means. Thanks!

16. anmiele March 19, 2013 at 6:05 pm

My mother was born under a veil and all of my siblings and myself, my sister’s & my children would have been if the doctors hadn’t removed them. We all have verying levels of sensitivity and gifts.

17. JM February 28, 2013 at 8:59 pm

really enjoyed the conversation. my mother was a caulbearer and I can understand the potential and danger, of certain gifts and abilities as I hVe witnessed. Unfortunately, I did not know what I know now but always had an apparent “understanding” of her. I also wonder if this potential and gift is not some how passed on to offspring or ‘willed’ through a parent-child connection??? i was bery interested in “onthepath”‘s comments and insights…..don’t give up on quest…the gift and abilities remain within. trust your inner self and in Spirit to ‘re-nurture’ yourself. you do not lose these abilities…they may lie dormant but remain. “seek and thee shall find” its all within…go deep and ‘unveil’…. blessed!

18. Tabittha February 5, 2013 at 7:01 pm

My son was born in 2000 in his sac and the ambulance man had to break it .. my son seems to know things, like once he told me I was pregnant andhad to get to the doctors .. 2 weeks later I found I was pregnant with an ectopic pregnacy ,, we had to get someone in once who deals with spiritual stuff when he was about 4 cause he said he could see a bloke in his room dress like a musketeer .. hes 12 now and things have carmed down on that but every now and then he comes out with things ..

19. betty January 29, 2013 at 8:00 pm

Im a caul bearer and ever since i wasl
    A young child i experienced dreams would become future reality and now that im older i get them more often and have the capability to see angels.all my life society see me as a wierdo but God knows that im special and im gifted i just dont know how to use it

20. eade December 8, 2012 at 1:24 am

the red mark on my face have map of the world. for a year i can communicate with the holly spirit. teaching me and helping me understand more about my self. im not as shame about it not afraid to let people know. i want peace for my self becouse of my veil i have been thru so much in a life time could experince in reality and look things as well. even all that i am still greatfull for it. and im not evil and i didnt come from. but i am living in hell where this earth can be haven and hell

21. eade December 8, 2012 at 1:14 am

i was born with the veil and the red mist on my face. when i was born my mother though i was evil couse she look at me and see hell. my mum keep sliping out about the pass when i was yong bit i couldnt remember anytjing till after i was 7.

22. Ifarted October 12, 2012 at 3:48 pm

I was born with a caul covering from head to toe. Any info on that?

23. katie October 6, 2012 at 4:47 am

Hi my daughter was born at 30.3 weeks and she was born completely sealed in the caul . I can find alot on veiled babies but not much on sealed babies?? Is there even a difference or are all caul bearers the same? How is one to raise a caul baby?? Confused !!!

24. NAPDKA August 8, 2012 at 11:42 am

I was Born with a Caul, and my mom really didn’t say much about it LOL.. she gave me details but just kept some things to herself and didn’t put much emphasis on the “caul”. Funny thing I before my birth the couldn’t tell what I was the whole 9 months (lol) and my older brother was such a big trouble in his early years she prayed and hoped it was a girl.. Well about 2 weeks b4 my birth my mom had a “Dream” (she always had Dreams that came true but that’s another thread for another day LOL) This one God showed her me floating in the amniotic sac and she saw my exact face (now they have 3d) and was revealed I was a girl. Well fast-forward my birth she told all the nurses and my Doc I was a girl and all they could do was laugh and tell her not to get too excited she may get the opposite (lol). Well after the caul removal and my full body out It was revealed I was a girl and she always laughed and would finish “they all just looked at each other in amazement and fear like wth was going on that day” I was born 08/04/84 very ironic number and born 7lbs 7 oz on the 7th day of the week :) .. Yes I may be reaching with my birth weight stats but hey it’s for emphasis LOLOL. But back to the facts Ever since a small child I would say 5-6ish is when I can remember the “weird” things happening to me.. My dream world taking me to other dimensions (very very frightening as a child) As I grew older I began to learn techniques to gain control of what felt like an uncontrollable situation. I was an outcast as a child by peers and there was no real reason for it when I look back except now what I read other children born with this have similar child experiences!! I have dreams now and my intuition is CRAZY STRONG .I don’t even go into certain people’s homes simply b/c they are unaware of the spirits in their own homes and I don’t want to make a big deal or even let them know I’m aware so I stay away… Only really, really, really close friends know about my “dreams and intuitions” as I can’t tell just anyone in fear of embarrassment or reaction (most just don’t understand). It’s not every day I dream hell they slowed down tremendously after my late teens early 20′s ! I thank God everyday b/c the déjà vu’ was unbearable at one point in my life. I couldn’t tell if I went to sleep the dreams were so real and vivid. I could go on and on it just feels so good to express what has happen and put a true connection to the caul!

25. m edens August 2, 2012 at 6:53 pm

go to facebook there is a group

26. Nish Pugh July 15, 2012 at 2:45 am

Hey. lol thaught it was super funny how my nickname is so close to Jaimie’s last. I am also a caul berrer. i was born fully enclosed in my mothers amniotic sac and i was also born at home. Like most, i dont like to talk about the feelings of “preminitions” or whatever, but i definitely wanted to say that this is an awesome article and also that im glad there are more people with similar births as me. i believe that with science, mathematics, and other psychic and spiritual arts that this earth’s evolutions are becoming more and more beautiful. I was just curious, wondering if anyone has seen the Akira movie/ comics. My mothers name is Kira so its one of my favorite anime series. it may be fictional but in my life i have experienced so much similarities to the movie. I’ts a crazy world we live in but with all the changes happening so fast and ubruptly there is always hope for a better future. Lol sorry to mention the zombie thing in florida but i also thaught it was a wierd coinsidence about the myths of caul berrers being vampires somehow linked to this decade. Also coinsidentaly i had discovered this myth just two months before the so called zombie attacks had started occuring. farfetched maybe. but who knows. just thaught i’d mention it lol. thanks for reading.

27. onthepath April 24, 2012 at 6:11 am

If your reading this and you have a child that was born with a psychic veil please, do some research to help your lucky child prosper.

I was born with a psychic veil. I was born on 1/1/81 and around that time(in Australia) there was not much info about it. My mother was told(and then she told me) it was called a Venetian Veil.
    My parents never looked into it for me, even though I was showing signs at an early age, and my mothers midwife made a massive deal about how rare and lucky this was(not to mention my DOB).
    I had so many surreal experiences happen to me, and at such a young age I couldnt make sense of any of it and was terrified.
    The experiences at night I would relate to nightmares, as I grew older(teen) I started to think it was abductions. What kills me is that I remember screaming and running to my parents room for my mum, I was only 3-5 years old during this time. And everytime I did I would get told off by my father. My father was a very scary man growing up, very strict.

Looking back at some of my daytime experiences now as an adult, to lightly explain it I think I was consciously OBEíng or something. What would happen is was like time would slow down and if someone was talking that was kind of slowed down and kinda echoed or “phased shifted”? I say “phase shifted”(duno if its the right word) cos it also felt like I was dropping in and out of reality. or multiple realites where overlaying each other. Very hard to put into words. I also use the term phase shifted to describe the feeling when I would be going to sleep it wouldnt take me long to get vibrating, but mine was so intense that it felt like I was swinging in a hammock, only weirder. I would be laying flat on my back then the vibrations would start from left to right, then they would escalate into a swing, like I was swinging in a hammock. The really crazy part is that I could feel as if I was at each extremity of the swing(so left side right side) and I could also feel my body in the “hammocks” neutral position(which was me laying down). It was like I was phase shifting from point to point like swinging, yet it also felt like I was in all 3 places at once. This happened pretty much every nite in my early childhood.
    These are just 2 of my many surreal experiences.

About 10 years ago I started looking into all this esoteric stuff and I thought id give astral projecting, lucid dreaming and OBE’s a go. Problem is now because of the way my father reacted to my “nightmares” I havent been able to do anything.

Sorry for the essay, what I really want to convey is that if u have a child with born with the veil do as much as u can for them to prosper, these are the children our future NEEDS!
    As children get older there abilities start to fade, so u have to get in early and encourage as much as you can!

Plus now I can look back as a 31yo adult and put more pieces together, I seriously think I had amazing abilities when I was young, but because I had the opposite of help it was all for naught.

1 piece of advice u probably wont find anywhere else if I may, read to your child every nite, try to get them to close their eyes and imagine everything your telling them from the story. When they are old enough(dont wait to long), instead of you reading them a bedtime story ask them to close their eyes and to make up a happy story and imagine it in their head and at the same time describe it to you. This is an untested theory of mine but I think it can be extremely effective. My mother read to me at a very early age ever night, and I genuinely believe that helped my abilities greatly. I think by adding in the next step of your child conveying their story to you would be even better, a super charged version of just reading to them. I think this part will help greatly with AP, OBE’s & Lucid dreaming, plus it should also help your child to accept it.
    Another thing to add is maybe you could transcribe their stories they share with you, it may hold something valuable at a later date.

Oh and naturally if they have imaginary friends act as if they are real, because good chance is they probably are!

Your children are our future!!

28. debb January 29, 2012 at 1:53 pm

need to learn more about caulbearers i was born with caul over my face i want to learn more and an actual name they give to caulbeares i read just now couldn’t really make out what it said (fylaia) what isthere symbols

29. cheryl patrick January 15, 2012 at 8:40 am

My daughter is a callbearer and already showing signs of sensitivity even at the age of 4 mths,already speaking lol ok ats just mum baba,and the letter b she watches ur mouth when sp then imitates it

30. Stacey January 14, 2012 at 11:03 pm

OK I understand the Caul births my daughter was born with the amniotic fluid still surrounding her the DR had to break the water when she was out does this have any meaning?

31. jmay January 3, 2012 at 2:05 pm

a caul or veil is a portion of the amniotic sac or membrane that covers a child’s head and face when born. in most cases it is preserved and given to the mother. it is said to be a sign of good luck and the child is destined for greatness. it also is said to protect against drowning. in medieval times, woman would sell these cauls to sailors for large amounts of money. it is also said that caulberers possess clairvoyance and other abilities to see into other realms or worlds. i too was born with a caul and have experienced some strang things throughout my life. i have had preminitions and strange dreams. i have had this on and off all my life. not something i experience on a daily/weekly or monthly basis. it just seems to come to me in waves at different times in my life. i don’t know why i don’t have it all the time. when i get theses “dreams” or the feeling of just ‘knowing’ i don’t dismiss it. i know i’m experiencing somtheing i can’t explaine it and it is never wrong. i even had a dream when i was standing in the street while people were screaming and running past me. as i stood there i noticed extremly large clouds of smoke chasing these people as it poured down the streets.people were grey with ash. i told everyone my dream but didn’t know what it meant at the time. 1 week later as i watched t.v. i saw what everyone knows as the 911 attack. the images of people running in the streets covered in ash as smoke followed them was EXACTLY what i saw in my dream. it totaly freaked me out. i can’t say if any of my experiences are related to having a caul when i was born or not. again, i don’t get these experiences all the time. it comes and goes. i also experience snchronicity, especially with numbers. in dream, the clock, receipts..etc.don’t know what it means or how to develope my clairvoyance/claircognizance further. my children/husband family and friends have called me a witch,psychic psyco,fisada? all sorts of names. i don’t like to tell them things anymore and don’t want to be made fun of. hope this helps you some.

32. Chris Blignaut November 25, 2011 at 8:07 am

i remember that my folks said that i had been born with a caul,But didnt realy take any interest in what they were talking about,BUT NOW WOULD LIKE TO KNOW MORE.