Can You Feel Someone’s Stare?

April 14, 2010 at 11:59 am

What an interesting discovery! Have you ever had the experience of just knowing someone is staring at you? Whether its a stranger, a crush, a boss… it’s as if you can feel their eyes creeping in on your presence. I’m sure we’ve all been there but the question still remains … can we actually feelsomeone’s stare? Psychiatrist and author Colin. A. Ross M.D. has a hypothesis that the eyes omit an energy that we can feel with our senses.

Get more personalized advice, contact a psychic today!

An article on Yahoo quotes Dr. Ross explaining his theory, “We used our patent pending Electromagnetic Beam Detection System, which includes modified EEG neurofeedback equipment, to prove that the human eye emits an electromagnetic signal that can be measured scientifically…” Many skeptics still insist that the eye could not possible produce a measurable energy but Dr. Ross is determined to defy them.

Well, psychics, bloggers… are you a believer or a skeptic?

22 Responses to “Can You Feel Someone’s Stare?”

1. Bradlee December 31, 2013 at 6:49 pm

I was playing with my cousins in the bush on our Indian reservation. We had made two teams for a version of hide and seek/capture the flag. Our team was mostly the little kids, and the bigger kids with bikes. My team was huddled together, after a few hours of wandering in the woods. I felt someone staring at the back of my head, it is like feeling an intent, their focus. I said “Someone is watching me” and I turned around to spot the other boys hiding in the treeline.
    I work and live in the city now, and I can “feel” eyes on me in public. Its like a feeling of their focus, their intent. Like the other comments before mine, I can catch people looking at me, and they either maintain eye contact or look away quickly.
    This is natural instinct, right? We aren’t psychic.

2. E J ect October 9, 2012 at 6:37 pm

Whenever I’m being stared at, I feel a slight pressure on my head where the person’s eyes are directed. Then I look straight at them. It always freaks them out. When my friend said she didn’t believe people could feel stares, I told her to look the other way and let me stare at her. She believes it now. I don’t know how we can do it, but I would like to!

3. heathblanch October 7, 2012 at 3:12 pm

I believe I can make people look at me. I discovered my “technique” quite by accident. If I stare at someone, say out of the window of a bus, and concentrate on trying to make them look at me, they won’t. But the second I stop consciously thinking about it and my attention to them moves to a more subconcious level, then they almost always turn round and look at me. Then I’m embarrassed, because I know what I’ve done but have gone off my guard and their reaction therefore takes me by surprise because I have stopped expecting it. Trying to prove this scientifically could be difficult, because the trial subjects are likely to be thinking too hard about what they’re doing. Interesting though!

4. john February 15, 2012 at 10:34 am

I did an experiment at my work to test this theory. Every day I get to the front door and have to wait for my secretary to buzz me in to get in the door (i work in NYC there is some security). In the beginning I would press the buzzer and he would ring me in. Then it became awkward because he would have to do it multiple times a day for everyone and the ring got annoying. So instead of ringing the door I would look through the window and see if he noticed me, if he did I wouldnt have to ring the bell, if he didnt I would have to ring it. SO I started an experiment. Every other time I looked in the window and make eye contact with him for a second. I found WITHOUT QUESTION, when I looked at him he would be aware of my presence and open the door for me. All other variables were the same, the amount of time I walked down the steps to the door for example was equal wether or not I looked at him. This must be some proof that the sixth sense exists.

5. Mike December 23, 2011 at 4:04 pm

This happens to me often. Someone behind me staring at me I turn around as I sense them staring at me and end up looking straight at them. I have also stared at someone and about 1 in 3 will respond by looking in my direction. I can’t believe the amount of people that don’t think this is possible on other websites and say that it is only coincidence. It has happened me all my life. I also have dreamed on a few occasions and had a feeling the following morning that the dream would come true, it always does.

6. zero December 15, 2011 at 8:34 pm

yes its true you can feel when someone is staring at you im glad im not the only one i thought i was mad.
    its been happening to me for 15 years.
    it feels like a ringing tingling sensation
    like theres a burst of energy coming from were ever some one is staring from

7. jeremiah September 12, 2011 at 8:03 pm

plz bare with me i cant spell very well ,i belive this is slitly true there may be a wave ur brain sends out for instence when some1 thinks the same thing u do at the same time or when u both feel something like a idea,thought or feeling like a emotion others near u feel it also. i may be highly responcive to this because this happens to me 100s of times a day this also happens to my 1st cosen AJ.hope i helped p.s.there is electricety flowing though u and around us if some1 is on the same signal or whatever we may be abole to send out small thoughts/other to living things around us.

8. Juliana April 26, 2010 at 5:18 pm

I KNOW this to be true. This is not psychological or made up. There is no way that someone could be way across a department store at about 180 degree angle behind me and I turn around and look straight at them because I felt someone looking/talking about me. It happened to be one of my least favorite people and both sisters’ eyes looked like they were ready to pop out of their little heads. Funny thing is that I was Christmas shopping for them. I always feel stares on the subway train ride and other places too which is very uncomfortable as I was taught from a very young age that it is rude to stare. All the same, I agree with the other comments. You can feel it when someone is staring and when you look up no matter where they are you can pinpoint them and it does catch them off guard. I got a giggle out of Lucy’s little prank as a youngster because sometimes I feel like I’ve been on the receiving end of it when someone is wanting a certain action or reaction and my rebellious side refuses to oblige. Sometimes I feel like their willing me to look up, etc. :O)

9. Lynn April 26, 2010 at 10:53 am

I definitley think you can feel a stare. How many times have you been staring at someone only to realize they totally know that you’re staring at them.

10. xena April 26, 2010 at 10:45 am

Happy meet Gina Rose;
    I use to play a game as far back as 8 years old. I would stare at some one but only the back of thier head .One in ten would turn and stare back at me or turn around and look like they are looking for something. As I got older I could at times read emotions.
    Now I don’t consider myself a physic.
    Just a fun thing for me at times. When I was in my teens and up about 20 years ago I would find grave stones or places that the dead love ones had been buried. Usually for women who had lost babies and the sites are unmarked.In the days when cremation wasn’t as popular.

11. lucy April 26, 2010 at 8:06 am

I have for years practiced staring at the back of someone’s neck trying to send a message such as “scratch your left ear” – it always works. I’m not sure that the power comes from the eyes – I believe the eyes direct the message, but the mind creates and sends it.

12. Subah Batool April 26, 2010 at 7:44 am

There is only one person whose stare or eyes i feel are on me even when far..but not in a bad way ..rather romantically with concern care or lovingly…

13. Margie April 26, 2010 at 6:43 am

Only once in my life have I felt “the stare” with my back turned. We’ve been together for over 7 years now!

14. Diadriel April 26, 2010 at 6:11 am

“High Five” to Gina Rose! Absolutely true. It is the energy focus you feel, and it can be just like hands on your person.

15. Nina April 26, 2010 at 3:36 am

This has happened to me more than once.

Just this past Saturday, I felt someone staring at me in a line up at Walmart’s.
    I have also experienced this while reading a newspaper and also just eating a muffin.
    I have been told that what attracts them to stare at me is my expressive face.

Weird but true!

16. mangie April 26, 2010 at 3:16 am

I can too, but not necessarily when it’s someone sitting/walking behind me.
    but I feel the stares and looks the whooole time as I am, to them here where I live, kind of strange/exotic looking I dunno but I have been told this.But it is the most irritating thing ever, it makes u feel like an alien!
    And at work, the accountant sitting across from me, wud just lie back on her chair and just keep gazing at me, people stare as if we are blind!!! in the cars, in the cabs, while walking (fast pace looking down, not even wearing anything fancy) and still I sense the eyes poking me.
    Guess I got that huge black head on my back that was nail-like looking , as if someone took it and poked it through my back!! I am sooo sure it’s related to that eye energy thing, as it has started to show and increase since the time I first started working after graduation.

17. barb libra monkey April 26, 2010 at 2:05 am

I certainly feel stares directed at me from whatever angle! It can quite unnerving at times, but at other times quite comforting(;
    I know a certain Aries man who stares/d at me often from a distance, and sure as eggs, the minute I looked up, I would catc him out. The same man claims not to have an interest in me, but the stare factor dismisses his claims(:

18. Psymon Fallowfield-Cooper April 25, 2010 at 11:33 pm

Very interesting. In fact Carlos Castaneda wrote about this kind of energy many years ago. He describes us as having an egg like field of energy, or the aura. From this egg we project tendrils of energy, the eyes being one source of emanation. I’ve always, on a personal level been aware of having someone stare at me, and indeed have deliberately stared at someone until they have become aware of me doing so and they have turned round. Surprisingly, nine times out of ten the person will also home in directly at whomsoever is staring.
    As a Reiki master, I work with energy on a daily basis. Energy is the basis of shamanism; the energy of thought is behind NLP… energy we are.

19. Neptune Bob April 25, 2010 at 10:19 pm

This is a little late, and already disproven. Rupert Sheldrake’s book “The Sense of Being Stared At” includes information about experiments done with subjects being stared at over closed-circuit television, and still responding physiologically without any idea when they were being stared at. Therefore, there is no “eye ray”, but rather an extra-sensory perception (psi) that someone’s attention is focused on you.

20. Jacqueline
    Jacqueline x9472 April 15, 2010 at 11:21 am

Great article,

Energy and the power within it, is now becoming more and more acknowledged, many people are realizing that energy connections may be real, and it is.

Energy work and healing are going to become part of the next 100 plus year cycle, this is an area that has been misunderstood and definitely underestimated, everything works from energy, everything you are a mass of energy, energy is spirit.

Love it,
    Thanks again Justine,
    Blessings and Big Hugs!
    Jacqueline x9472

21. balancedesires April 15, 2010 at 7:11 am

Hi There!

I believe in what Gina Rose has written, It’s the energy of the entire being putting forth the stare. There is always the eyes are the window to the soul that comes to mind as well.

I have felt stares from strangers & the people within my circle before. Albeit some can be strange looks! LOL!

22. Gina Rose ext.9500
    Gina Rose ext.9500 April 14, 2010 at 1:44 pm

This was very interesting to me……

Yes…..I believe you can feel somebody staring at you……because they are focusing their thoughts on you, ( thought transforming into energy ) and directing and sending that energy directly to you.

I teach my students to harness/pull in their energy, focus/hold their energy and project/send that energy……it’s almost a bit like telekenisis.

Blessed Be )O(