Medium Documentary in Lily Dale

April 30, 2010 at 10:25 am

The set of the current HBO documentary “No One Dies in Lily Dale,” the small, quaint, Victorian style village by the name of Lily Dale is located south of Buffalo, and is known to be home to the largest community of Mediums. The documentary follows thousands who come from all over the world to gather and wait patiently for questions to be answered and closure to be given.

The Medium community actually charges a $10 admission fee during the busiest months (Mid-June until Labor Day) for tourists and modern spiritualists looking to attend seminars, Medium-ship demonstrations, seek healing services and enjoy the pet cemetery. Lily Dale, the communitybegan by the three Fox sisters in 1916, who have been credited as being primary founders in Spiritualism. They all worked and had success as Mediums.

Would you ever go to a Medium convention? Or have you ever been to Lily Dale?

More on: Uncategorized

12 Responses to “Medium Documentary in Lily Dale”

1. Tracy Pease July 15, 2010 at 12:26 pm

Can anyone recommend a good medium at Lily Dale? I’m going there soon.

2. Lily Dale Neighbor May 11, 2010 at 7:46 am

I don’t live far from Lily Dale and it is a wonderful place. As mentioned, there is definitely a different “air” when you go through those gates. The houses are old and have great charm, and the whole place just gives you a peaceful feeling. Some mediums are more gifted than others, and the medium I seen was amazing so I have sent plenty of people to her. I told her my first name, and she told me the rest. Some visitors do need to remember that this is their religion, they are communicating with spirit and not claiming to be psychics. Only what spirit feels like talking about is what is going to come out. You can ask questions, but answers don’t always come. A couple of small things about my future did come out (and yes they happened exactly as described), but mostly my Mom was letting me know she is OK.

3. Brenda May 10, 2010 at 7:53 pm

WOW!! I have recently started taking interest in the spiritual matters, psychics, mediums, etc. (lots of them on TV these days) and I would go to this place in a heartbeat if given the chance. I will note the air time (july 5th) on HBO on my phone so I do not miss it. Thanks!

4. Sienna, ext. 5261
    Sienna May 10, 2010 at 11:54 am

I’ve not yet had the opportunity to attend a place like Lillydale, but I would in a heartbeat given the opportunity.
    I have been fortunate enought to spend time with others that have been there, and every one of them feels they came away with a great deal.

5. Lily Dale Fan May 10, 2010 at 7:31 am

The official air date is July 5th on HBO.

6. debra oliphant May 9, 2010 at 8:03 pm

hi i go to the spiritualist church in toronto ontario at the toronto spirtitualist temple and i met miss pauline kay which now has passed into spirit and she was amazing medium

7. Joyce May 9, 2010 at 7:30 pm

I would love to see the documentary. When is the date and time? I would also love to visit Lily Dale. Sounds beautiful and educational. Thank you.

8. Susan May 9, 2010 at 12:10 pm

I have visited Lilydale several times over the past 15 or so years. It is an interesting place to visit and has it’s own dicernable and different energy. It is a pretty and peaceful place. People come to seek guidance and communication with the on site mediums from everywhere, not just south of Buffalo. Some of the mediums are talented and gifted people and some are not, as in every calling. I have a degree and some psychology background, paranormal abilities are intriguing and have been measured by recognized scientific studies. This is a community where people with such abilites come together and practice their art and sometimes help people. Whether one is a believer of such abilities or not, Lily Dale is a unique place and considered to house the largest spiritualist community in the world. Definately worth visiting.

Susan

9. TJL May 9, 2010 at 7:18 am

Lilydale is Awesome! A beautiful place to walk, meditate (there’s a little lake there also), attend services at “the stump” in the beautiful woods, healing services, etc. Lots of mediums to choose from, workshops, a great bookstore, giftshop, and more. There’s definitely a sense of peace when you enter. I’ve had some great readings there. It’s good to plan ahead in the summer months, and book a visit with a medium before going, but you can get there early and walk around to their houses and cottages to sign up on the spot for a reading during the same day. I live an hour from there, and try to make a visit every summer. I highly recommend it :)

10. afallingleaf May 9, 2010 at 5:38 am

I never have been, but I definitely would go! I’ve been blessed with gifts my entire life — gifts that I shut down for a very long time, and have only in recent years started allowing back into my life.

11. Kathy May 9, 2010 at 4:35 am

I have made the trip to Lily Dale several times throughout the past few years with my mother and my aunt. It’s one of the most peaceful places I have ever been to. There is a kind of buzz in the air there, or a hum if you will of spiritual energy. I’ve also visited several of the mediums and found their information and advice to be very helpful. I would highly reccommend making the trip to anyone who is interested in checking out this very interesting community of mediums and psychics.

12. Linda F Lucera May 9, 2010 at 4:24 am

When will this be on HBO