6 Signs of Sixth Sense

July 8, 2010 at 5:00 am

We all have psychic sensitivity, but is yours above the norm? Even if you don’t pick winning lottery numbers every week, you may be one of those not-so-rare people who have, and can enhance, their innate psychic skill.

Let’s consider six signs that might mean you should polish your sensitivities and talents:

1. You’re more than casually tuned in to energies. You feel a pressing need to call a friend. You find out the friend needs help or was thinking about you. When your phone rings, you know who’s calling. If you seem totally tuned in, you might want to start a journal to track your “coincidences.”

2. You score well on the Zener test. In the 1930s, psychologist Karl Zener created a set of cards to test ESP. Though some experts criticize the test, it can measure strong clairvoyant skill. Read more about it or experiment with the online Zener test. Very high scores are noteworthy.

3. You see beyond visual cues. If you lose your keys, can you mentally envision where they are? Are you right most of the time? Do you know what someone is doing even when you’re away from them? Can you enter a building and perceive specific images of events that happened in the past, or feel events of the future with clarity?

4. You’re more tuned in to your body, mind, and soul than most people are. You knew, without a doubt, that you were pregnant before you took a test. Perhaps you know exactly what your body needs when things don’t feel right. You sometimes think you see hints of color around various parts of your body, and you know when there’s something you must do about them.

5. You sometimes feel unexplainably unwell, maybe nauseated. Later, you’ll learn something major happened to a loved one. I’ve tracked this for years, and it’s unfailing. I knew when my uncle passed. When my son was in a hurricane, I felt his peril. Notice your physical reactions. Note how often they connect to incidents you weren’t aware of. Are you like me?

6. You body/mind/soul energy is extraordinarily positive. When trouble looms, or you feel blue, or it’s a terrible day, you see beyond that. You understand completely that we must experience negatives in order to appreciate positives. You feel sad or down sometimes, like everyone else, but it just never leaves you permanently marked. You feel uplifted most of the time.

We all may have psychic ability – 90% of the human brain is unused and underdeveloped. I’m sure you feel and sense things attributable to coincidence, but if your ability is extraordinary, you know it. You might push back the feelings, but you know what you know.

Is it your responsibility on this Earth to explore and develop your gift?

19 Responses to “6 Signs of Sixth Sense”

1. Christina September 24, 2014 at 8:07 pm

Well i have always known that im special since a child.i tune into alot of energies.i can sense danger ALWAYS! its kinda scary.when i want to see someone really bad i think about them really hard and i will.i scare myself.if i think about someone they will call me or i bump into them .too many coincidences.i believe i have psycic magnetism.i know some peple that know me call me a witch but i think they are gifts.i wish i could talk to someone about this and they wouldnt tell me im crazy!

2. YoungAndConfused September 2, 2014 at 8:54 am

I do not know if anyone reads this anymore but I’m looking for help and advice on this when I was a kid everyone said it was my imagination but now I know it’s not I feel alone like no one understands and I want to learn to control it or make the sensations stronger. Anyone?? Please someone with more experience. I just turn 21 and ever since I turned 18 all the vibes and dreams and visions have become stonger. Sometimes I doubt myself and sometimes I feel too much. Please someone contact me.

3. Sarah August 28, 2014 at 10:38 am

I took the test, but the score was low. I believe there is something different about me despite that. Usually if I say something or think something, it’ll happen. This has happened too many times for it to be a coincidence. Also, I seem to attract other worldly attention. I constantly see things, hear things, etc. In fact, there is a cat figurine in my room that turns itself to the side. Ill always set it to the front, check on it days later, and it will be turned again. These things only seem to happen when Im home alone. If anyone can tell me what’s going, please do. I want to know Im not alone.

4. moises March 23, 2014 at 10:12 pm

well hello lol im not sure if anyone still reads this. but anyway i believe there is a sixth sense and i feel like i have it. i have experience a lot of the events mention. but for me its like i say it and it happens. for example there was this old guy, a friend of mines, i seen him one night buying candy in the grocery store i worked in and i seen him i said dam he is gonna real soon. next day i see his wife talking about how he died in a bar the same night i said he will. also there was this guy i know, i seen hima around the block and i just turn around, waved my hand and said he is going to be in a hospital this week. so some days pass by and i notice i havent seen him which is wierd it didnt feel right then later this old man comes in the store and says poor chino i call him chino, he says he is in the hospital almost dead. that he is breathing only because of the machines. man im not really much of a religion man but did i prayed for him to get better since he is important to me. luckily he did a few days later. im in nyc and i remember when i would say a blizzard is about to come and trust me it does. well i cantsay much im tired but yeahi think i have what we call the sixth sense

5. Tammy March 2, 2014 at 7:38 pm

When I was around 8-10 years old I was looking out of our lounge window and I saw a young girl around the same age walking out the front of the house across the road she was in a white dress (Old Style) with brown hair and her hair had rag wraps in it. I wasn’t sure what I saw so I double looked and she was gone. I also have a lot of dreams and most of them come true, some of them happen months later and some of them years later but when they happen its almost like reliving that moment and you almost think AHH yea that s right. Also around 6 years ago my grandmother passed away and we were always very close. I had this necklace with a pendant on it that I had always worn and never took off and on the day of her funeral I had my husband and my children there with me and I went up to give a reading and prior to this I remember having the chain on as I remember moving the pendant as it was caught on a thread on my dress. After my reading I walked passed my grandmothers coffin and bent down to kiss the head of her coffin, I went back to my family and sat down. At the end of the service my husband turned to me and said where is your chain. It had disappeared, I checked down the front of my dress I went back into he church and even the priest helped me look and we could not find it and it never turned up. Before this day I never believed in the after life or people having a sixth sense but I almost believe maybe I have some form of a sixth sense. How to nurture that and tap into it to the full potential I have no idea about?

6. makayla February 20, 2014 at 11:15 am

im 15 and i was siting in class and all the sudden started having a panic attack, i kept feeling like a car accident, i couldnt get it out of my mind i was shaking and no one knew what happened… fifteen minutes later, my friend picked me up and i told them what happened and when we were coming out of the school a huge accident happened 15 minutes before i got picked up when i was having my attack is this a sign? i know when things are going to happen i dont see ghosts i feel things and know things can anyone help?

7. sid February 15, 2014 at 11:35 pm

i think ive got a sixth sense. i can see the future as glimpses for example when i think of anything it appears in front of me within hours or days or when i think about a movie it comes on tv within the next 2 days

8. Renee January 17, 2014 at 1:21 am

Alexia, I know what you are and have been going through. I’m 26 and I’ve dealt with all of that except I have never been tripped before. I am being stalked or haunted as of lately again. I have been seeing shadow people a lot in my room and throughout my house lately just watching me. Well it had been escalating and things have been moving, & being thrown off shelves. I just feel unsafe especially because I’m pregnant. Well I believe you have shadow people to abd they feed off of you thinking about them and your fear. Try smiling more abd thinking happy thoughts, no joke it makes stuff stop. They will start to get angry at first and try to scare you but if you are strong enough and just keep being happy they disapeer. I’ve been depressed lately and unable to sleep and I think that’s why they are bothering me. I’m here if you want to talk. I seen my first shadow person at age twelve in broad daylight in my dining room, I didn’t know what it was but I talked to my Grandfather who was gifted to say the least, and that’s an understatement, and he told me what they are. Don’t be scared. My family is full of gifted people, I seem to attract scary stuff though. I’m trying to be a positive good person and hoping it will change. You might have that run in your family to.

9. Alexia January 16, 2014 at 1:50 pm

im 14 years old and ive been seeing things for as long as I can remember no one believes what I tell them but Ive been effected by them they’ve literally pushed me against walls, tripped me and once choked me all because I ignore them or at least try to. they’ve been in my dreams so now I cant sleep I need help at least to just talk to someone who is like me or who understands please help me understand this

10. holly November 26, 2013 at 5:21 pm

I never feel alone. Things always happen that i have already seen. Everyone says i have special gift but im not so sure. It scares me to death.

11. holly November 26, 2013 at 5:15 pm

I suffer from all of the things you have stated. It has been controlling my life since i can remember, but i have the added pain and confusion of seing people and hearing people. I wouldnt dare tell anyone about this but i need help to figure out why this is happening to me. X

12. sara October 13, 2013 at 6:13 pm

i have bin Having this weird native american dreams where they try and help me but i dont let for a reason an because of that people start to die in my dreams . .i havent bin able to sleep at all,
    and i seem too see this little girl follow me around but shes not trying to hurt me at all.

two weeks ago my friends grandmother has past away an could smell her favorite perfume and i though it was weird how only i could smell it an no one al’s

i dont know what to call this.

13. Ran69 September 15, 2013 at 8:07 pm

I have had many experiences and one close to my heart was of my grandmother. I was a young military spouse and went to visit my family. I dreamt that my grandmother was lying in bed and she was letting me know that it was time for her to pass on. It was very sad but at the same time, she let me know, in the dream, that it was ok. The next week I had to leave and go back home from leave. I told my mom that my grandmother was sick and was going to die. Three weeks later she was diagnosed with cancer and was spreading rapidly throughout her body. She lived 4 weeks and passed away. I never got to see her again. But, when I told her goodbye, as I was leaving, we both cried as if it was the last time. I’ve had many more experiences with others also. People that I didn’t even know. I feel it’s a gift. But, I have many sleepless nights!!!

14. knokid24 June 23, 2013 at 1:00 pm

Ive experience very focused on summthing say i lay out 5 photos of people one standz out more than others i study n focus on tht picture. an i alwayz thought it waz coindence tht tht same person had a tragdy happen in their life Before tha other.. artcle very helpful thnx!!

15. anoop November 20, 2012 at 10:07 pm

MY PROBLEM IS SOME INSIDENTS HAPPEN TO ME, ITS CAN FEEEL BEFORE THE INSIDENT..

16. silverfaery333 July 20, 2010 at 3:24 pm

In my case for the most part it’s random, unless I really know or am close to the person. I normally can tell you were a friend is, if they are out and about by just focusing on them. It’s been known to save me time from hunting them down. Same with if something is wrong with someone in my family or a close friend! I’ve been known to pick up my cell phone and be waiting on a message that is arriving a good minute or so before, as well as knowing who was calling when I was younger (then again everyone but my dad could do that in our family!!)

17. 10lc July 18, 2010 at 4:01 pm

hello! nice article…everyone experience some sort of things like that…mine is more on dreams & dejavu
    thing.oftentimes,i would feel uneasy on some places no matter how grandeous the house is,i refuse to just
    even get inside it,my reason,i don’t feel safe! there were also incidents when i dislike a person at first glance,
    coz i could sense ‘wickedness’ in him/her,she may flash me the brightest smile but ‘the eyes can’t lie’….

this gift i have,i treasure as guide into my daily interaction. friends tell me they see me at one place,but
    i’m not there! there were ‘flashes of danger’to my sight,thus,i avoid them.there were times i feel ‘uneasy’
    & the first person i think about is either sick or in great need,others passed away…my psychic friends encourage me to develop this gift,but i’d rather keep it as useful to me & my circle,esp.my family.

many occassions when i’m about to drive my car that the key gets lost,so i’d hang on 5-10 mins or more,and on my way to my destination,i’d pass on an accident that could have included me if my key
    wasn’t misplaced! goose-bumps i feel upon sight of that road accident.

with this gift,i was able to save my fmly many times.I CAN SENSE DANGER!

10LC/PHILS.

18. goddesslove July 18, 2010 at 11:16 am

Very good article…
    I wanted to share my experiences, I sing, draw, write lyrics, poems, short stories, play guitar, sew, paint, make jewelry, the list is almost endless..have very vivid dreams, observe numbers on clocks, car tags, houses, the list is too long.
    I will often do numerology on these numbers (decreasing them to one or two digits). I said the names of past loved ones the other day, as I often will acknowledge them around me, went to the closet and pulled out something that had nothing to do with an obituary in it but found my uncle’s in it…
    Experienced a presence in my home last year. I could hear footsteps walking in the hallway, talking outside my bedroom window. When no one believed me, I called in a psycic who confirmed my beliefs and asked the presence to leave and I have not heard from it since. The proof was when the spirit asked her what was Essence….I finally realize he meant “Eccential Oils” which I use alot.
    Are these experiences truely psychic are BI-POLAR…which I have been diagnosed with as having. It’s hard to develop talents or gifts when you are being constantly told that you need medication and that your experiences aren’t real……

Be Blessed

19. Gina Rose ext.9500
    Gina Rose ext.9500 July 8, 2010 at 7:35 am

Hi,
    Good article…..very good tips…..

Everybody experiences all of the above tips occassionally as everybody is intuitive to some degree……it is the right side of the brain, the RIGHT side is the creative/psychic side of the brain that is least understood ( 90 % undeveloped ).
    *** People with extra-ordinary, above average psychic skills showed MUCH right brain activity when hooked up to brain image scanning machines in experiments.

Blessed Be )O(