Get the Guy: 7 Quick Ways To Tell if He’s Attracted to You

April 18, 2011 at 5:00 am

A Special Offer for Our California Psychics Customers!

Matthew Hussey is UK’s leading Life Strategist and creator of Get the Guy, getheguy.co.uk. His rise to success as a speaker and a coach has been meteoric, from packed seminar rooms in London to New York to appearances on CNN, GMTV, The Today Show for America and NBC. Get The Guy is a call to action, showing women the strategies they can employ right now to take control of their love lives, instead of sitting back and hoping that it all “sorts itself out eventually.”

How do you know for sure he’s attracted to you?

Most people don’t want to take a risk on someone that may not already like us, so we try to make sure we know whether they like us first. Women especially are often unaccustomed to making the first move, so knowing how to read a guy can feel vital. So how do you tell when a guy is interested? In this newsletter I want to share with you the seven best ways of doing exactly that…

1. Eye Contact

As obvious as it sounds, a guy will make eye contact with you when he’s interested. But the key is in the regularity. Guys who are interested rarely look at you just the once. If you keep looking over your shoulder and catching him glancing over, you’re getting a great first cue.

2. Proximity

Is he finding reasons to drift closer towards you? This is often the first subtle (or not so subtle) step men take when they are in the presence of a woman they find attractive. Next time you are in a bookstore, you might notice him conveniently browsing the books nearest to you. Most guys are simply hoping that by being near to you they are going to end up talking to you (even if they do forget to open their mouths!)

3. He Tells You More Than He Needs To

In conversation, does he offer up information that you hadn’t really asked for? When a guy is attracted, you’ll often find him talking about his achievements, the last place he went on holiday, his passions. These are great signs. It’s just his way of looking for your approval. If he’s investing time in telling you about himself and his life, it’d a great sign!

4. He Re-Initiates Things

When conversation dies down for a few seconds, is he the one to revive it? If you go to the bathroom, does he come and find you again afterwards even if you don’t automatically come back to him? Look for signs that he is trying to extend the interaction.

5.  “Pecking”

If you’re in a loud environment, is he the one leaning in to listen to your response? You can usually tell which person is investing the most amount of effort and energy by simply looking at who is leaning in.

6. Touch

By touch I don’t necessarily mean anything sexual. I simply mean that a guy is looking for reasons to break the physical barrier with you. Guys will use any excuse to do this. He might playfully tap you on the arm, touch your back as he walks behind you, or even make an excuse to high-five you! Look for signs of him being tactile with you in a way that he isn’t with other people.

7. Smiling

When we’re talking to someone we are attracted to we become much more expressive. Look for someone who smiles frequently at what you say; someone who laughs consistently at your jokes (even the ones that aren’t funny!)

Remember, don’t wait until you have all of these signs before you go over there and talk! Just because he isn’t dancing back-to-back with you, or standing next to you at the bar, doesn’t mean he couldn’t be interested. Sometimes you just have to make the leap.

– Matt

19 Responses to “Get the Guy: 7 Quick Ways To Tell if He’s Attracted to You”

1. arlene November 25, 2014 at 2:49 pm

ive known this guy for 2yrs almost he makes me feel good in every way u can imagine. everything about him i love he drives me crazy in a good way. what the hell is wrong with this picture, am i coming on to strong or what

2. Mouse June 27, 2014 at 3:35 pm

A guy I’ve liked for 6 years seemed to be doing all of these and more but when I told him how I felt he said he doesn’t want me to have feelings for him and that he doesn’t know me. I was convinced there was pure attraction and an electrifying connection but obviously it was all in my head.

3. mesyeafika April 18, 2014 at 5:31 pm

He did do all things to me, but my friend say he is doing he same thing to her.

4. Clare March 6, 2014 at 7:14 pm

There’s this guy I like that does all but one of these… i gave him my number but he hasn’t texted me….. I don’t know what to do now.

5. Lauy December 2, 2013 at 2:24 am

oMg A GUy TElls me that he is 60% deff and his middle name the other guy tells me his tenders getting big and his voice is cracking WTF

6. Ruthy April 6, 2013 at 11:28 pm

Wow. This guy I know does all of these things. Anytime I walk into a room he is in, a huge smile comes onto his face and I catch him staring at me throughout the day. When I catch him staring, he maintains eye contact for a while and smiles until I look away. He tells me I’m sweet several times a day. When we’re talking, we have the longest most random conversations about our passions and dreams in life. Also, when we’re talking he puts his hand on my shoulder alot. Lately, when he sits beside me his shoulders are turned to face me and his knees are against mine. When he hands me things there’s that moment when his hand brushes up against mine. We’ve known each other for two years. And he’s been single the entire time I’ve know him. He often emails or texts me. When ever we’re hanging out he’s usually leaning in toward me no matter where we are. Also, he’s extremely polite to me. I mean, anytime I do any favor for him- no matter how tiny- he makes sure to thank me and tell me that I’m sweet. Yep, I’m pretty sure he likes me for more than a friend.

7. Ms.Conservative March 10, 2013 at 11:24 pm

Michelle,
    I don’t know if you’re still having your problem, but I read your comment and I have to respond. You cannot do anything with him. Not a thing. Do not flirt with him, don’t share personal stuff; you need to show him that he cannot be acting that way. I’m sorry if you like him, but he has a WIFE. And, almost more importantly, CHILDREN. Don’t mess up these kid’s lives, don’t lure him into betraying his wife. And if for any other reason, he’ll do the same thing to you: once a cheater, always a cheater. I’m sorry, but really. No.

8. Rf November 24, 2012 at 7:16 am

wow I was thinkinEw
    g that one guy was sooo into me and was extremely righhhhht
    He is the hottest guy in the whole world .I am so smart to know it and lucky ,blondyyyy

9. Michelle August 9, 2012 at 5:44 pm

I have a bit of an issue. The who I think intetested in me is married with two little kids. He was also my professor. There were times I caught him staring at me. He always would tell me personal things about himself, about plays he wad writing and even his kids. When ever I said something he always laughed or smiled. Once I said how bad I was at math and admitted he was bad at math. Never have I ever been so attracted to someone but at the same time I feel guilty because he is married. I just do not know what to do or how to react to him when I see him this upcoming semester. This is hard but I cannot help but have feelings for him.

10. Tiwandaw Illsleyf July 29, 2012 at 9:18 pm

What’s up everybody, I am sure you will be enjoying here by watching these kinds of hilarious video lessons.

11. Jasmineflower June 15, 2012 at 3:23 pm

I have this problem (is it a problem) with my neighbor. He talks to me and my friends, but he seems to talk to me differently than them. He smiles to me really sweetly it made my heart leap. Problem 2, I am engaged. My fiance is disrespectful and calls me names. I love him but I get such a rush from the other guy . I’m 26, my fiance is 39, and the other guy is 25. My age basically. His eyes make me melt. Oh G-d I dunno what to do. I’m stuck. I really want to be faithful, but this is so tempting. I think my neightbor has a g/f too. Not sure…

12. sue April 19, 2012 at 12:31 pm

this is what he did to me..and i really want to know if this is a sign that he attracted with me? last 4 month we had a great conversation and doing an assignment together and sharing information.one day he asked me to search something on my drawing paper that he wrote on it.finally i found it..it was ( i love u ) word.next he ask me go for lunch just with me.before this we know that he is selfish and stingy person,but after i had a final submission i just ask him to buy me some water,he refuse it but after 15 minute later he gave me the water and smile.he spoke softly, kind to me and help me with my task.i told my friends about his kindness but they’re not believe me because he never show it with others.last one- i want to show him something in my hand that need to be in correct..suddenly he held my hand whenever i change my hand position.can you tell me is this a sign that he just comfortable with me as a friend or he actually have a feeling on me?

13. K March 9, 2012 at 9:30 am

I hitnthis guy with my car gave him a ride home ,we laughed and talked all night, i hung around out of the fear of being sued. He finally admitted he jumped in front of the car to meet me since he had trouble getting my attention at the club which was odd since i dont recall seeing him there. I thought he was awesome after hanging out but told hi. To F off after i found out he played a game and did not give him my number assuming i would bump into him again and he would say hi and we could start appropriatly.( I just wanna hang out and have fun not like a relationship) . So the first time we bumped into each other he was sitting a this bar and grill i was talking and walking by he was looking then turned all the way around in his seat with his legs in a im the man come hug me pose, i was appaulled he didnt say hello so i continued the eye contact and walked past him and out the door. The next time I walked in a place we made eye contact both of us turned and rapidly said stuff to our buddies, he lingered close behind me in a few spots and spoke to a girl who was a stranger near by me that i had spoke to before him and never said i . Another lingering event occurred still no hello. I do like him but feel a man must say hello, ive said many times i will say hello next time but he acts dumb, my friend says he probably is afraid since i told him off and told him i wasent going to his party the first time when i had hit him with my car. Its quite strange. I feel like if he dose say hello we may go straight to sex so stay away, ive never felt like this before.

14. Miley January 3, 2012 at 5:59 pm

Okay so i just met this guy, really only this year like i new who he was last year but not enough to talk to him since were in the same class this year he had started to talk to me more, and i started to like him he is always like touching me like poking me and steping on the bottom of my foot just to get my attention and like he knows i like him because we sat beside each other in class and everyone was watching us flirt and so this rumor went around saying oh Miley likes you and everything and then i’ve heard from alot of his friends he likes me but like i dont really know if i should believe it. I also always catch him Looking at me and apperentaly i am hot to him i guess,and he is always puting his arm around me and all this other stuff so yeah thats some of it.

15. jam November 24, 2011 at 2:28 pm

ok my situation is a little different, ive known this guy since we were twelve, but now were eighteen but the twist is that we both are male but ive always been very feminine and cute, also im transgendered at first i would notice these signs in him that he would do but as time progressed he shows little interest in me but i still really love him, eventhough he never really admitted his feelings for me, i always felt that deep inside he really likes me on that level and its really frustrating becuz i cant just come out and ask him becuz i dont wanna offend him but it has really been bothering me for years….i really love him and i think i could make him happy =(

16. Courtney November 1, 2011 at 10:24 pm

I also have a problem
    This man I like has gf
    I’ve known him my hole life and when we were 7 I got dared to kiss him so I did he always looks at me when I look back he looks away he talks to me everyday and we chat a lot and tells me secrets but the prob is that he has a gf and I don’t kno wat to do does he like me and we always rate each other and always rates me a 9 and his gf 10 he always puts me second best. I want to be first

17. Courtney November 1, 2011 at 10:19 pm

I think u shudnt giv him too attention forget about him for a couple of days don’t do anything and c what happens if he comes up to u and starts talking that’s a key he has a thing for u

18. Ruth August 18, 2011 at 5:21 pm

He may very well like you, but, he is married. With that in mind, I would be trying to figure out what it is with -me- that I’m so attracted to someone who is not available.

19. echo July 7, 2011 at 6:10 am

Did he love me????????? When he say something in the office he always look to my side, we are a 5 in the office. he tels me everything in his life, the fight with his wife, I even know that they did not sleep in one room his family everything. he always look and smile at me. one day he hug me. the next moment everything dissapear around me. he left the office without saying a word. the next day, and the next 4 months after this nothing appens, he is only very friendly with me. then one morning, he were about to left for cape town. I gave some papers to him, the next moment he look me in the eyes, and the same happens, Immediately he turn arround, put the papers on the table and left, without saying anything to anyhone, not even bye. he always phone the office, that day he did not, he passed the offroad to the town and drive a long way before he knows it is the wrong way.The next day he also did not phone the office, that Saturday hej phone me and chat (for the first time) about any thing for 10 monutes. After that I can feel he also feel something for me, he spoke softly, and kind to me, make me coffee etc. what must I do. my heart fell intio peaces, it feels I will die. I love him with my everything.