Guardian Angels vs. Spirit Guides

August 29, 2009 at 1:00 am

There is a big difference (to me) between Guardian Angels and Spirit Guides. First, Guardian Angels have never been in physical form, having never gone through the birthing process as we know it. Spirit Guides, on the other hand, have always inhabited a physical body before making their transition to the other side.

Guardian Angels are with us from birth and in fact help us make our earthly entrance. And yes, we all have at least one Guardian Angel by our side. They protect us our entire life helping us to fulfill our earthly mission. If we want something in particular, we must ask for it. It’s really as simple as having a conversation with your best friend or your favorite psychic over the phone. Giving yourself daily quiet time for meditation and prayer are important elements in making contact.

Guardian Angels, because they have never incarnated, are androgynous beings not defined as male or female. For our purposes on earth we will often assign gender and names for our own understanding and communication. In a reading, I see Guardian Angels as an essence of iridescent light that changes color depending upon their messages. They have the most magnificent hues surrounding them, colors that we have never seen on planet earth.

Since the earth plane is a free will zone, your Guardian Angel will not interfere with your choices and “just automatically make things happen.” S/he will however help YOU to “make things happen.” Pray for anything you want, nothing is trivial or insignificant. Your prayers will be answered as long as it will not hurt you or someone else – AND – if it is in alignment with your soul’s purpose.

Remember, when you ask in prayer, you are turning the situation over to your guides. That means, you have to let go. Resist the temptation to “work on it.” Be assured, if something you have asked for is going to hurt you or someone else, your Guardian Angel will see to it that it does NOT happen. We all know to be careful about what you ask for, you might just get it. Just as true, some requests take longer to manifest, perhaps years, or even decades before they show up in your life. The most frequent prayer requests from many clients is simply, “I just want peace of mind.”

In contrast, Spirit Guides, can be incarnated family members, spouses, lovers, friends, even acquaintances. They all share the fact that they have been in a physical body. They might be century old spirits that you are not even aware of such as a Japanese warrior, a Native American Indian tribesman, a monastic monk, just to mention a few. They have names and birth dates and are still with us – just through the misty veil. In a reading, I invite them to come speak if they wish. My experience with Spirit Guides however, is that after they make their transition they may be very busy reviewing their life or going to school. I’ve actually tried to make contact with certain Spirit Guides in a reading because someone was really hurting and missing their loved one. I’ve been shown a guide with their back to me while sitting on a luxurious cushion inside a Grecian Temple letting me know they are not ready to communicate. Not all those that have passed on become our guides. Just as on earth we choose a profession, Spirit Guides may choose to be of service by communicating or may choose another line of work.

When a Spirit Guide is ready to make contact, they will make their presence known. Often they will come to you in the dream state. Those dreams are actual visits. They always come with gentleness to comfort you, most often leaving you with a gift, a message of hope.

There are other realms of Angels such as the Cherubs that work with the babies. Children are extremely connected to the Angelic realm. There are of course, the Archangels such as Michael (truth, integrity, strength, protection), Raphael (healing, wholeness, unity, learning, creativity), Gabriel (guidance, prophecy), Uriel (justice, balance, peace) and others.

Then there are Earth Angels like you! We are guided daily by our Guardian Angels and Spirit Guides to bring peace and effect change in our lives. I would love to hear your stories and experiences with your Guardian Angels and Spirit Guides.

Blessings to all, Faith – 9608.

Great deals on the best psychics.

61 Responses to “Guardian Angels vs. Spirit Guides”

1. Annie September 21, 2014 at 9:53 am

Hello:)

I have been going through really tough times which started two years ago however have intensified these past three months. Normally Im very spiritual with Christian beliefs. However, recently Ive gotten even more close to the angels and God. I don’t sleep at night due to increase worries about my finances and passing my board exam. So last night during one of the times that I woke up, I saw an angel with short curly blonde hair and long white wings wrapped around his or her side. I couldn’t tell if the angel was a girl or a boy and I couldn’t see the face however I detailed the wings and long white robe. He or She seemed as if they were sleeping while resting against my dresser.
    Was this my guardian angel?

Annie

2. Faith ext. 9608
    Faith ext. 9608 April 27, 2014 at 9:42 am

What a lovely story you have shared here with us mush. Definitely messages from your Angel guides were coming to you in the form of those feathers. Beautiful! Thank you for writing.

Blessings, Faith ext. 9608

3. mush February 22, 2014 at 11:15 am

So you may think im nuts. Sine my mum died nearly 4 half years back ive had some strange yet amazing things go on. Strange energies in my room at night almost warm vibrations. But the most amazing things are the white lights that follow me in the sky bright white lights. But one day about lunch time I was walking my dogs on my local field. When loads of feathers fell all around me. There was no birds no wind it was cloudy. These feathers were falling all around me everywhere. I shivered abd felt a great sence of happiness and I also felt as though id pleased someone. I had been adeucating myself on the world whats real whats lies. I had been meditating and my spiritual levels had grown lots. Maybe this was my guides giving me signs that I was going in the right direction.
    I feel like something huge will happenbto me in later life but no idea what or when.

4. Betty July 22, 2013 at 3:23 pm

After my two sons died ONE AND A HALF YEARS Apart I was so depressed that I tried to commit suicide ended up in hosptital, while there and I was totally out of it, I remember walking down the hallway, but when I got to a hallway door, I couldn’t go thru I looked across and there were my sons together standing in this beautiful garden, I tried to go across but there was this small lake, and my sons told me yo go back, I could not come across, it was not my time, that they were alright and together, I turned around and since that day or night, I was better able to deal with my grief.I still miss them dearly. Always will

5. Faith ext. 9608
    Faith ext. 9608 June 23, 2013 at 11:21 am

Hello Diana,

What a beautiful and amazing story! Thank you so much for sharing it here. You and your family walk in grace. Continued peace and comfort to you and those you love. :-)

Blessings, Faith ext. 9608

6. Diana June 18, 2013 at 11:42 pm

In July of 2006, I became very ill when I was pregnant and lost the baby approx. 11 weeks into my pregnancy. We always ‘felt’ that there was something wrong with this pregnancy,as we did not talk about it like the others. We didn’t discuss names and he never talked to my tummy, like he did with the others. I had a blessing when I was in the hospital, and in the blessing I was told that I would be ok, but the baby was never mentioned. Still, I was DEVASTATED when we lost the baby. I locked myself in my room and refused to see or talk to anyone. i just couldn’t stop crying. After weeks of this, i just couldn’t take the pain anymore and got on my knees and BEGGED God to tell me why this happened. Why my baby died. I will never forget what happened to me as I waited on my knees, ready to stay like that all night, if needed. HE knew I wasn’t going anywhere until HE answered me. I began to ‘sense’ the room begin to get brighter. My eyes were closed, but the light that filled the room was brighter than any light i had ever seen before or since. There was a warmth and tingling that came over me from the tip of my toes to the top of my head and along with that came a warmth that washed over me. THAN..a voice spoke to me. Not out loud…but in my head. It was a strong, masculine, ‘all knowing & commanding’ voice that just said ‘This child was not meant to be’. However ‘incomplete’ this answer may sound, to me…it just made sense. I didn’t feel the need to question it or ask more of it I was able to just accept it for what it was. And than, I truly felt the most incredible feeling of the most heavenly arms wrap around me and give me a hug I have never felt before or since than. I don’t know if God talks directly to us or gives us ‘hugs’, but I truly believed HE spoke to me and HE gave me a heavenly hug. With that a peace washed over me and took away all the sadness and blame and shame I had been feeling. You see, i blamed myself for losing the baby because after i got out of the hospital, I never ‘rested’ like I should have. i had two young children, a full time job , a husband and a home and a vacation I had promised my kids. I did too much and blamed myself terribly for the loss of my child. But, with that sincere prayer and willingness to listen and accept what I was told….all of that was washed away. When that happened, and I stood up, my husband walked into the room shortly after and all he saw was me smiling…from ear to ear. I told him what happened and I was just able to get back to my life and I was just back to being me again. Ironically, exactly 3 weeks after I lost the baby, we were ‘intimate’ for the first time (which was about a week after I had that amazing moment) and the next morning i woke up…I KNEW I WAS PREGNANT again!!!! I had this ‘slight’ wave of nausea and this voice just whispered to me…’you’re pregnant’. I told my husband, who thought i was a bit off my rocker, but i told him that in 2 weeks, when i had my ‘recheck’ with my ob/gyn, i would have her give me a pregnancy test and I made sure we weren’t intimate again until my appt. When she asked me how i was (as this was my follow up from my miscarriage) I told her I was doing better and “oh, by the way…I’m pregnant again”. She tested me and confirmed i was! This was truly a miracle, as I had not been able to get pregnant for several years since my daughter was born 6 years before. My ‘story’ doesn’t end there. One Saturday morning (About a year and a half after my baby daughter was born…)I woke up very early. I didn’t know why as that was our only ‘sleep in’ day, but i figured since the kids were still sleeping, I would take advantage and have a nice hot bubble bath. As I lay in the tub, enjoying the peace and quiet, i suddenly hear someone call ‘mom’ ‘mom’ ‘mom’. It was very insistent and constant. The thing is, i knew I was being callled, but I couldn’t tell which one was calling me. I listened for the baby….but she wasn’t stirring in her crib, so i knew it wasn’t her. I thought maybe it was my older daughter and yelled out if she wanted to talk to me to come to the bathroom,b/c I was in the tub. However…once again i heard my child insistently call ‘mom mom mom’ . more urgently this time. i was frustrated and irritated but i got out of the tub, put on my robe and walked to my daughter’s room prepared to ask her why she made me get out of the tub, but when i opened her door…she was laying in her bed, wide awake, but her eyes were wide as saucers! She had a very ‘scared’ look on her face. i asked if she had been calling me and she shook her head no. I than asked if she had heard something and she shook her head yes. She was so scared, that she couldn’t even talk!! Suddenly, I got a sinking feeling in my stomach and RAN into my son’s room. He was laying on his back having a grand mal seizure and choking on his own saliva. I calmly rolled him onto his side, and rubbed his back and spoke soothingly to him until his seizure passed and his throat was cleared. i laid down with him for a while after that until i knew he was ok. You see, this wasn’t uncommon for my son to have seizures in his sleep. They had been going on for a while now but NEVER had that happened before!!! As i lay in bed that night recounting the story to my husband…i told him that I heard a child callling me..saying ‘mom mom mom’ over and over again. but i didn’t recognize the voice. I knew it was MY child calling me, but I couldn’t match the voice to any of my 3 children, thus my confusion over who it was. AND in that moment i knew. The child who kept calling me… the child whose voice I couldn’t place to any of my 3 children & the child who saved my son’s life….was the child I had lost in the miscarriage. Eventhough i had ‘accepted’ when i was told ‘this child was not meant to be’ , it wasn’t until that moment that I understood WHY. I am not 100% sure, but I am pretty certain the baby i lost was a girl,as I was gravitated to the girls when i was trying to figure out who kept calling me. My baby wasn’t meant to be so she could save her big brother’s life. I haven’t even met her, yet, but she is my hero. I know in my heart that she made this choice, so she could save him because to have lost her before i met her was incredibly difficult for me, but to have lost him in his sleep because he choked during a seizure…would have DEVASTATED ME. and I have NO DOUBT that he would have died that day if she had not kept calling me. I know when i leave this life, I will finally be reunited with her and I will thank her for the sacrifice she made to give up her life so that her brother could live. What a tremendous sacrifice and an example of pure love. I haven’t gone to a psychic or gotten a reading to tell me this is what happened. It is something that I just know. Just as I know God exists. Just as i know that we choose to come here to have a human experience in our physical bodies and just as I know that there is so much more to being born, living and dying. It doesn’t end when we die, we just go onto another phase of our existence, of our experience. I don’t share this story very often with others, because there really isn’t many others who can appreciate this for what it is and not think i’m just ‘crazy’, but I know that this is definitely one place that i can share an incredible story of a love that is so incredibly powerful that it transcends this physical life and is greater than I ever imagined until it happened. This whole experience helped teach me an incredible life lesson that i now live by….
    Out of every negative experience….is a positive life lesson. AND everyone that comes into our lives…is meant to for a reason. No matter how long or short of a time they are in our lives….there is a reason for it.

7. Teddy June 15, 2013 at 2:06 pm

I meditated one day and when I stop asking for what I wanted I looked in the mirror and saw my eyes a gold and red color whats that mean

8. leigh December 13, 2012 at 12:41 pm

I once had a wonderful dream of me talking to my guide. She was ancient and had long white hair. We had a conversation though cannot remember what I asked her. When I woke up the next morning I felt so happy and very positive. That was 4 years ago. I have been told my Guardian angel is – Archangel St Uriel.

9. Aletha June 4, 2012 at 9:55 am

Do you have information about the Archangels? Are there only four of them or more? Also, is Nikael an Archangel or a type “o”/alternate spelling for Michael? I really need to know as soon as possible and I do appreciate your thorough information!! You are an Earth angel!!! -Aletha

10. l bouchard May 30, 2010 at 7:16 am

Hello there
    I have seen a cherub’s face but first I seen a golden light and went running too it and there was the Cherubs face looking at my and smiling then went away right in front of my eyes. While growing up I seen two other things long flowing gowns one had wings the other did not, they came from one wall and went out another wall at two differant homes we lived at. Feeling like I am somewhat differant from the rest of the world, could one of the person be my angel and the other my guide not sure. To see this sometimes you are asking yourself did you really see this and is it good or is it bad. Please do not print this I feel strange enough telling some people and they look at me weird, this is freaky feeling.

11. Gavin April 8, 2010 at 12:47 pm

A long time ago an physic said I had 5 spirit guides and one 1 angel watching over me.A few years later another physic told me the same thing.But went into further details.She said I w3as once a great lady.Who sat down on a big rock and refused to enter through some great massive gates. And that by doing that.I turned many enemies into allies. She told me I wore a great Rudy red gown or it may have been black. I asked her Who I was? But she told it was best I didn’t know and that her will was greater then mine in this life.She said one of the guides was ill most of her life and spent most of her life lying on a plank of wood.With two ladies in waiting. From that day to this.I have wondered who this lady was suppose to have been :)

12. Tina April 8, 2010 at 10:26 am

Hi ! i love this article, and over 20 years ago, when I was pregnant with my oldest son,Zeus, I had a very vivid dream: I went to this place,and it was a small town,with only a 7-11,and a Holiday Inn that doubled as a mission. The streets were named after flowers,trees or plants. Anyway, there was a guy,I can see him still,his name was Jeremy,and he was in a wheelchair. He had black,long,curly hair and big,beautiful brown eyes,and his mother, whom I adored at first sight, was named Marion,or Miriam,I am not sure which.
    We made love in a field of daisies and there was adjoining church,with an empty pertoleum refinery adjacent to that. I remember the church cemetary,and how old it looked. Well, it has been over 20 years,and I am still in love with Jeremy. in this “dream” he wanted me to stay,and I said I would, if I were not pregnant with my son. He said “I will always remember you,Tina.” I had met his mom,and there were trophies all over,covering every available space in the small living room, for wheelchair basketball,and other wheelchair sports, but mainly wheelchair basketball.
    His mom was just coming out of the kitchen,carrying a dishcloth,and wearing a faded, flower-print shapeless dress, like out of the 50′s. She was a plump woman,and Jeremy came out of the kitchen,shirtless,and smiling.
    I smiled at him,too,and knew I was loved and accepted. For years,i would wonder if it was “just a dream” or if i had visited the then-fabled astral plane. I say “fabled” because I was new to spirituality and I was also a member of the LDS church,where spirituality,and astral travelling,and knowledge of it all, is forbidden.
    So,i tried to forget that wonderful,small-town place, but I never forgot Jeremy,and even spent time looking for that town, in the internet. I gave up,when I realized, it may even not exist ,except in my mind.

Thank you for all of the wonderful newsletters,and articles, PC has written ! You all are a very valuable asset to my life and growth !

13. michele April 8, 2010 at 9:59 am

wow how exciting… I use to have what i call visions…. i think i was on the other side thru a
    near death experience. since then i became very “in tune” with things. people think im nuts ha ha ha . Because of that i think I also stopped believing some myself so i have not had “visions” in a long time. any help on getting those back?
    ex: i would tell people whats going to happen before it actually does…. funny hey or i knew i seen something before it happened……

14. Debster April 8, 2010 at 12:47 am

Dear Medessa: Your tale touched my heart. I am exceedingly good at finding people. This is not an offer for hire or anything like that… It is something I have a gift for. One thing to consider, when you offer your heart up to the universe, you might get someone entirely different than you expected! I’d like to help if I can.

15. louise April 7, 2010 at 5:18 pm

i would love too knpw who are my angels, is my mother one of them. im needing confumation on a subject/ i would love too move too the coastal area. seem to many stuming blocks in my way. will i manage to go will get with fund from the state to do this. blessings to you . lou.

16. nrusingha charana ojha March 28, 2010 at 8:20 am

thank u sir i read ur guide also i fell needless think some negative try to out of mind cler to process my discover also try to not conection any where except duty purpose

17. Faith - 9608 January 27, 2010 at 9:58 pm

Hello Tamara,

Just by asking you are reaching out to your Angels. They definitely hear us, we have to train ourselves to hear them. It’s a very subtle, quiet and gentle process.

I love your question – “how do i know its not my own voice in my head?” I used to think the same thing. When the Angels speak it comes from within you with a sense of knowing. The more often I would practice and turn events over to the Angels, (letting go of expectations)they would show me how they were taking care of things in detail!

And yes, when they communicate to you sometimes it sounds like your own voice. I call it communication by divine implant; Angels communicate by divine thoughts. When they send you messages, if you are open, you will pick it up.

Most importantly when communication comes from them you will feel calm and at peace.

Blessings, Faith – 9608

18. Tamara January 27, 2010 at 1:05 pm

ive been trying to connect with my guides how do i know they’re here with me and listening and responding? how do i know its not my own voice in my head? if you can reach to them what are their names and how can i reach out to them

19. Faith - 9608 January 25, 2010 at 9:22 pm

Dear Medessa,

Thank you for your story. I hope you find him too. I feel your Guardian Angel will help you with finding your friend. I would love to hear from you when you do!

Thank you for writing and many blessings to you.

Love, Faith – 9608

20. Medessa January 23, 2010 at 6:01 pm

I dream of a love one I new years ago. I would love to find him now. My husband died in 2004 and I need someone to love me again. I am 70 years old and I know the one I knew years ago would be the same age or older. I just can’t get him off my mind. I hope my guardian angle can help me find him.

21. itsthedonya January 10, 2010 at 12:37 pm

my problem is i dream of things and a few months later what i dreamed about happened but not in the order that i seen it. this has been going on for yrs i do believe in angels and i had my fair share of close calls i will take ur advice and maybe i will understand more about my dreams and why they happen 4 to a yr later ty god bless

22. Faith - 9608 November 17, 2009 at 11:52 pm

Dear Erdene, You absolutley have seen the power of Spirit by asking your guides for help. Yes, a very good practice to communicate daily with your Guardian Angels and Spirit Guides. Ask for what you want, it’s ok in fact vital to place your requests with them. They cannot help us unless we ASK! Thanks so much for sharing your story.
    Many Blessings, Faith – 9608

23. Faith - 9608 November 17, 2009 at 11:38 pm

Dear Peggy, it’s ok to ask your spirit guides, in this case your Dad, to bring clarity to you about this subject in a new dream. Ask him for further info and to ‘please make it clear’ on what he is referring to and then see what happens.
    Blessings, Faith – 9608

24. Faith - 9608 November 17, 2009 at 11:27 pm

Dear Lester, thank you for sharing your Angel story. It’s a beautiful example of being guided by Spirit daily. Learning to listen to them has saved you from many disasters no doubt!
    Many Blessings to you, Faith – 9608

25. Faith - 9608 November 17, 2009 at 10:56 pm

Thank you Earth Angel Verbena! I love this subject so much. I only found out that this was in the newsletter today … a month later! (It’s definitely time for a new computer).
    I would love to meet you at the Christmas party but won’t be able to attend this year. I will however be calling you soon for a Christmas reading gift to myself!
    Blessings and thank you for your kind words. Faith – 9608 :)

26. Erdene November 4, 2009 at 10:56 am

I’ve heard many times that the Shamans communicate with different kinds of birds who represent the Spirits they meet. Once my daughter told that her schoolmate, a girl who recently became a Shaman, while looking at some birds flying above them crying, suddenly said to her friends that she couldn’t stay longer with them, she’s called to go back home quickly as the spirits wanted to talk to her sooner. this is very common for them.
    By the way, many people in Mongolia share their amazing stories how they witnessed such Shamans turning into very old persons right after praying and dancing in Shamans’ special way and talk to people about their past and future lives and when finished turn into their present body.
    As you, Faith, say, we should practice praying and meditating to communicate with God, our Guardian Angels and the Spirit Guides as they are always ready to help us.
    GOOD LUCK EVERYONE WITH COMMUNICATING WITH YOUR ANGELS AND GET HELP FROM THEM!

27. Teddie October 21, 2009 at 1:06 pm

Do you live in Calif. LA area? Perhaps it’s the “Big One” Earthquake! God, our Blessed Mother our Angels help us all.
    I too sense my Angels. I alway have thought as, feeling, intuition. One time I was going to drive my daughter’s car to mass, & thought it to be a waste of gas. Took the bus instead. At our cross-streets a bad accident happened minutes before, about the time I would have been driving there. Many incident;
    Missing the plane in NY that went into the water near Conn. I was late getting ready. Thank God

28. Shewolf of the night October 20, 2009 at 5:02 pm

I belive in angels and spirit guides, even when I was younger. My grandfather died five years ago, and my grandmother died three years ago. Before we moved, I was playing in my band concert, and when it was over. I thought I saw my grandparents out of the corner of my eyes for only a second. I was young I was turning looking. I never told anyone, then I realized that my grandparents finally got to see me play after so many times of wanting them to come but their health wouldn’t let them, but they finally did. I know now they are angels and they are watching over me.

29. chelsea October 20, 2009 at 1:01 pm

hello. i saw my guardian angel 6 months ago. he was with two others,and they saved my life. the docters were giving up on me. but after 6 nights of litterally living in hell.my childhood imaginary friend,Cory came to me,told me everything was to be o.k.,and that i was forgivin.the next couple of days i slowly started to snap out of it.the next time i took a shower i saw millions of little golden sparks fall off of me almost as if i were being cleansed.i am confident that there is an afterlife and i now know that cory is with me everyday.

30. Lester October 19, 2009 at 9:45 am

I do not know the name of my Angel, or sprit guide. But, I know they are around me all the time. I am a truck driver. I liston to my Guides and Angels. When they tell me to take a break or a nap I do. All most every time there was an accident or some other problem that could have caused difficulties for me. And some how I miss them.
    Many times in a driving situation quick menuvers are needed. It seems as if the road gets wider, the space between car get wider, and a driving path will open up that allows me to miss a possible wreck.
    God, Angels, or Spirit Guides I don’t want to ever be with out them.

31. Peggy October 19, 2009 at 12:41 am

My name is Peggy …My father passed away a few yrs ago . After his passing he came to me in a dream , he told me that something horrible was goin to happen , i held his head inbetween my hands and i prayed, he then said again , something is going to happen , something very bad and ugly something the world has never seen before when i asked him when , his answer was before the new yr. that was 2 yrs ago , i usually dream things , before they happen , but this one was so weird , any suggestions ?

32. Annabella October 18, 2009 at 11:02 pm

Hi :)
    Ever since I can remember I aways felt like I was not alone, I didnt really think about it because it was normal for me, I never knew any different, but I knew someone was watching me and I knew it was my Grandad who had died when I was 4. I had a very bad time growing up and he was such a comfort to me to feel the love he was sending me and knowing I was not alone with my problems. He stayed with me until I was about 18. His wife, my Grandma, died and he left to be with her. It was then that I really started to think about it, I felt the difference between him being there and not, and I realized he had been there and I had known it all along. At that time a tiger kept appearing in most of my meditations and dreams, I always felt it was trying to tell me something. It bought my daughter on it’s back in one meditation and she looked just like she actually did when she was born 3yrs later. The funny thing is that she was born in the year of the tiger in the Chinese horascope. After her birth the tiger did not come back. She is so intuative and I would not be surprised at all if it were her helping me. Since then I have felt a presence of two Egyptian almost twin like guides who have helped me find my passions and love for myself and life which I had always been searching for. I love you guides and angels how could we live without you!?

33. Susan October 18, 2009 at 2:14 pm

My first experiance with my spirit guide was 7 years ago, I thought that I was going to have to divorce my husband, I was in bed really sobbing my heart out, then I felt someone stroking my hair, and I felt calm. A year later I was in hospital waiting for an operation to remove a huge abcess from the base of my spine, it kept getting delayed due to emergancies, I was in so much pain I prayed to my angels to make it burst to stop the pain, within 5 minutes this happened, I still had to have the operation to clean up the poisons, as I was coming around I knew someone was by my shoulder, he said “Here he comes, he will look after you, I thought it was the male nurse talking, when I turned, I saw a young man in a blue shirt, who then just vanished, when I looked around I saw my husband walking towards me. Since then my spirit guide always comes when I ask, and he has told me his name is Peter.

34. Leesa October 18, 2009 at 12:03 pm

I do believe in spirit guides. My Daddy died young & suddenly,when I was 32. About a year
    after his death he came to me in my dreamtime and ‘flew’ me to a high hill which over
    looked a structure in the near distance. The house was made of stones and seemed ancient.
    I couldn’t tell if the window & door openings were empty or black… It seemed abandoned.
    Beside the door opening though were the letters KA. I awoke not knowing what this meant.
    The search began. It has been 15 years and I still don’t fully, but I have learned alot about the word and the meaning. In the Egyptian lore it means “the body double” or the “souls twin”.
    In India lore it is a spirit being that is in the
    place between heaven & earth and this being is the one who spoke everything into being. It is more indepth than these two simple clues. I am still learning. I think my Daddy was trying to tell me that we are one and can never be seperated. If anyone has any other information I would love to hear from you. I never heard of the word or letters before this dream, though and still today find it quite amazing.

35. Tricia October 18, 2009 at 11:55 am

Such a wonderful gift your brother gave to you!

36. Leesa October 18, 2009 at 11:54 am

YES! I have a bear spirit
    guide, who has come to me
    in dream form many times.
    My first encounter with
    my spirit guide was when I
    was in a place of
    transition… major. For
    some reason, in my dream
    I was lead to my closet.
    Once I was in there I
    saw an opening like a
    cave – dark. I reached
    my hand in (not sure why)
    and when I did, something
    grabbed hold of it. I was
    afraid and pulled it back.
    There was a few moments of
    a tug of war, then I pulled
    it out and a bear was the
    one holding my hand. He was
    big and strong and tried
    convincing me that he was
    a man. lol. Every time bear
    has come to me in my dream
    time, he is male energy, &
    always trying to convince
    me so, even sexually. I am
    Cherokee & Irish. Other
    spirit guides have come to
    me on the physical realm,
    such as red tail hawk,
    raven and other birds.
    There are many good books
    that will help you
    understand their messages.
    Check out Animal Speak &
    Medicine Cards. They are
    excellent. My spirit guides
    came to me prior to
    learning their meaning in
    any book.

37. Rosemary October 18, 2009 at 11:03 am

In March of 2004, I was in the hospital recovering from colon cancer surgery. The day I was to find out if they had gotten all the cancer, I awoke to find an Angel standing at the foot of my bed. I don’t know if it was male or female, but it had a beautiful smile on it’s face. There was a radiance around it & on the face. Not a word was spoken, but this angel simply smiled at me & gave it’s head a nod. At that moment I had an overwhelming feeling of peace, & I just knew the results were going to be fine. A nurse came into my room just as my angel dissappeared, & when she took my pulse it was elevated. She asked me if anything was wrong so I told her what had just happened & she agreed that was the reason my pulse was faster then normal. About two hours later my doctor came & told me it was clean, they had gotten all the cancer. That was over five years ago, & thank God I am still cancer free.I had been very worried about the results back then & I figure that is why my angel came to me to let me know all would be well.

38. Shari October 18, 2009 at 10:33 am

I am glad to read that this has happened to someone else besides just me! I had a similar experience years ago and have never heard of anyone else having it. My first experience was when I shut off my bedroom light and climbed into bed and above me was something bright. My first thought was it had to be one of my kids mylar balloons reflecting off something. As I continued to look at it I could see a young woman’s face with long hair. Once I realized this I screamed,jumped out of bed, turned on my light and nothing was there. This happened 2 more times then stopped when I turned over in bed and ignored it. Now I wished I did not ignore it!

39. Laura Mason of westfield October 18, 2009 at 9:54 am

About this time last year my husband passed away.Well on Oct 10-08.We were like best friend and soul mates all in one.I fell in love with him right from the start.You see the thing is We talked over the phone for nearly a month long distance and I never meet him but I love him dearly.When I finally got to meet him from there we never was apart after thats until his death witch turn my world up-side down.Just a week ago I had a dream and he told me its not my time to go.He said I had to wait.I am still trying to figure out what I have to wait for,I rather be with him and my daddy and brother that I miss so much.I just need to know what I have to wait for and why I cant be with them.I wish my husband would visit me more.because when he does I have peace for a little while.

40. Christine October 18, 2009 at 8:45 am

I feel drawn to the name “Angel Gabriel” and other times “Angel Michael” – thinking of their names gives me a sense of strength or elevation hard to put a worde on it – right in my solar plexus…what does this mean? Christine x

41. Kay October 18, 2009 at 8:14 am

My son, Matthew is my Spirit Guide, for one. He died in a drowning at the age of 17. I have felt him near me and with me. I see little signs, of my flowers blooming with blue in mind, which was his favorite color. I have seen clouds, like Angel Wings. The ringing of my chimes. etc. I miss him terribly in this world but, I know he is with my other family members as well as myself and that is such comfort..thank you for this article.

42. Elke October 18, 2009 at 8:04 am

hi, Years ago I will never forget it. My father
    passed away and i was just lying in bed staring
    at the ceiling. My mind was a total blank. When
    out of no where appeared a head on the ceiling. I still did not think any thing of it when it regeristered wait a minute there is a face looking at me on my ceiling thats not normal. As soon as that thought entered my mind he came swooping down I screamed it scared me. Just as I screamed it disappeared quickly. Later I learned it was my spirit guide who didnt want to frighten me. I wish I didnt scream. Never happened again.
    He was gone. I wish I could see him again. Thanks again Love your article

43. mercedes2327 October 18, 2009 at 8:03 am

Well, it sounds incredible but when I was going through a rough time in my life, I used to see a person, very tall next my bed telling me to leave. He has been always there. He has guided me since then. The first time, I went to see the house I am living in, I never thought that I would be able to afford a house like this, however I saw him again, I am sure he is my guardian angel and he told me, welcome home. That’s why I always say that my house is a gift from God. I am sure that there is a after life. The other night, I went to sleep and I saw a light so pretty that I walked to go inside, all of it sudden I was floating on air hanging from a red ballom and I saw the people down, I saw a scissor cutting the rope, I said, oh my god I am going down, I opened my eyes and I was in front of a throne and god was there. I said, why am I doing here. He told me, I want to have you on my diestra (meaning sitting next to him) I told him, no, not yet because my daughter still small and she needs me, then I woke up. My husband ask me, were you drinking. I never drink or smoke. my friends told me that it is signal so that I know that God has place for me when I died and that he loves me. I want everyone out there to know that there is hope and it is okay to have blind faith in god because if you ask with faith he will listen. I know God would want me to tell the world that he is a living God and his angels are with us to protect us. We should never try to test him. Always use the free will to do the right thing.

44. Erdene October 18, 2009 at 6:16 am

THANK YOU FOR YOUR WONDERFUL ARTICLE!
    I am grateful to God for sending us the Guardian Angels and the Spirit Guides! Yes, when I pray to God for help I feel the Spirit Guides, whom I am sure, He sends to me to help. I ask for help for my family and for all and get the answers! I wanna share with you just an example: It became like my habit if/when I hear outside some people argueing or a child is crying, I pray to God ask Him to send His Angels (I just used to call them as His angels, before I read your article:) to come and help them to solve their problem, or help the parent of the child to take care of the child better and make him/her happier. AND it works! and I always thank Him for help! (it might sound funny for some people who don’t believe in this kind of things. There are many other personal stories of mine that I get answer for )
    Honestly saying, I didn’t know how to call them and if they were different. So, Thank you for clarification!
    I also thought it might be interetsing for you all to hear that in Mongolia people are very much aware of and get helps from the Spirit Guides thanks to the Shamans, who have special talants to let the Spirits use their physical bodies to communicate with people in here. and as you said, the Spirit guides are from even from 400 years ago or the ones from recent years,and many of them are the wariers/heros from Chinggis Khan’s time (more than 800 years!),I heard.
    Let us be grateful to God and praise Him, the Unknown Powerful Essence for taking care of us through our Guardain Angels and the Spirit Guides and try to be better people to live in harmony and help each other to be aware of our mission on this earth, just like you, Faith!

45. Carol K October 18, 2009 at 5:05 am

Beautiful article. I believe my older by 10 years brother, Philip, who died from a heart attack at age 48, came to me one night during a particularly difficult time in my life. I was in bed and suddenly was aware of his presence. He told me, parapharsing now, “I have permission to come to you and let you know how much you are loved. I can’t stay very long.” All at once I experienced such an overwhelming feeling of peace, and love as I had never before experienced. It embraced me. I find words inadequate. Then he started pulling away, saying “I have to go back now,” and slowly he faded away. I would have given anything to follow him, I would even have left my children behind, the love that surrounded me was so incredible, I didn’t want to lose it. When I awoke there were tears streaming down my face. I know this was a true visit from my brother.

46. mamakat October 18, 2009 at 3:52 am

what a beautifully reassuring article! thank you for sharing! my granny came to me in a dream some time after she’d passed on. i was on a desert w/cracked sand and wind and there was a stream separating us. the side she was on was the most beautiful place i’ve ever seen w/gorgeous flowers and greenery. she was young again w/her long, flowing black hair and she was wearing a simple white dress. she told me to please tell my mom not to cry for her anymore, she was ok and happy. it was such a beautiful experience. the next morning, i told mom about it and it gave her a great deal of peace.

47. humphrey October 18, 2009 at 3:26 am

does owl represent guardian angel?. after the death of my younger brother this particular owl was coming in the morning and evening flying round our compound, later it dis appeared. we have not seen it till today.After his funerals.
    Regards,
    HUmphrey

48. kelsangla October 18, 2009 at 12:10 am

Thanks for sharing this wonderful article. Actually i been so confused when my best friend and many certain dead ones keep coming in my dreams.I used to think that sumthing bad is going to happen in my life again. I am so scared every night that some dead ones will come to my dream again. But later reading articles. i gained more confidence to face them. My childhood best friend commited suicide and i havent seen her for almost 14 yrs since our childhood.. later i heard she commited suicide leaving two kids behind. She keeping in my dreams few yrs back, and that really scare me.I used to think wat she wants. Often she comes so beautifully. wel dressed and beautiful face. I decided i will talk to her in my dreams. so one time, she appeared in my dream and i been tellng her that U r dead and u got to take a new life. but still she comes back again, and i keep telling her that u r dead and dont just wander here and there. and one time she bought her dad who also died few years before her. And i been telling him also u too dead and u guys must find a new life and dont disturb me. Ever since she never came in my dream, just recently i ha a glimpse of her in my dream, but she vanished just in sec. Recently, one of our Tibetan buddhist master past away and the whole monastery was doing whole lotta prayers for his new reincarnation to come soon. i had his dreams few times, yet one time, he came over and i just called out.. oh master u are dead and i know u have any message to past on yr ppl. he said : plz tell my ppl that i am coming back soon and plz pray for me with certain prayers listed. and he just vanished. Like that kinds of many dead ppl frm village neighbours coming in my dreams. plz help and explain… In tibetan tradition, if dead ppl comes in yr dream is bad omen. so m confused :) M leo born, name kelsang, Tibetan lady, someone told me i have high psychic power

49. Linda October 18, 2009 at 12:05 am

Can a spirit guide be an animal? I just had a dream of a brown bear with a white spot on its right leg. But it was there to lead me from a place that I was lost in.

50. Miss Krystal ext. 9192 September 1, 2009 at 4:55 pm

I loved this article! Thank you.
    Miss Krystal