Money and Relationships

January 22, 2010 at 9:47 am

Many a relationship has gone awry thanks to the green elephant in the room — money.

Everyone needs it, everyone wants it, and, everyone grows up learning different values regarding finance, spending… even how it relates to identity.

A recent article in the New York Times explores the concept of the new trend in relationships — women who are more educated and who make more of the green than their male counterparts.

Psychics, what advice do you give callers in these situations? Readers, share your experiences.

6 Responses to “Money and Relationships”

1. Mohi December 24, 2013 at 5:04 am

hi plz you can help me for every think thank you

2. jeffrie percell July 16, 2012 at 4:35 am

I would like too know if my life would be good and I want too know if I am going to be singles for the rest of my life .because everytime I go after an woman that I am intersting in an I want too get too know them there always tell me yeah that there going too call me and go out too the moive or dinner .I always getting let down from them.

3. Wennelyn April 27, 2012 at 12:58 pm

Various of the points of this post are iceindrble nevertheless had me wondering, did they really mean that? 1 thing I have got to point out absolutely your publishing knowledge are especially very good and I possibly be coming back again for any fresh post you produce, you could possibly have a entirely new admirer. I book-marked your internet page for personal reference.

4. Jacqueline
    Psychic Jacqueline x9472 January 25, 2010 at 7:38 am

Hi kelly,
    No I really do see that this is not a potential problem at all, because there are still the majority of men that truly love to provide for there woman, and this is your guy!
    He does not see this as a burden at all, he is excited for you to become successful, but he is a little nervous, because he thinks on one level that if you become to successful you may not need him anymore.
    Your relationship will just continue to become better.
    Blessings and Big Hugs!
    Jacqueline x9472

5. Kelly January 23, 2010 at 4:29 pm

This article and what Jacqueline said brings up an issue that I have been concerned about recently. I am dating a man that is a bit older than me and makes a lot more money than I do, and because of the way that society is changing to where women are making more and are able to provide more for themselves and their families, I feel extremelly insignifcant and like I am a burden to him. Should I be worrying about this or should I just get over it? Also, because I am just starting out in my career it will be awhile before I am making anywhere close to what he makes. Do you think he sees this as a potential problem?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
    Thank you!!
    Kelly

6. Jacqueline
    Psychic Jacqueline x9472 January 22, 2010 at 3:38 pm

Great article,
    We are living in a time of changing of hands in many ways, and this is a significant one, many men are finding themselves as the stay at home dad, once when men would leave and go to work it is switching to where woman are now taking a more prominent role as the main breadwinners.
    I have many friends in which this is effecting, and the men are really struggling with this, there ego and pride is being damaged and scared, this stems way back to how men have been raised, most men were raised to provide for the family, so when this is taken away, even switched by forces out of there control, it effects them.
    So with that being sad, I have many female friends and clients as well who are getting a little frustrated and not fully understanding what the problem is, not really seeing the males perspective and this is where a lot of miscommunication is coming in.
    Just remember this is a real culture shock for them and they need time to adjust.
    It just takes time.