8 Phases of Your Soul’s Growth

April 5, 2011 at 5:00 am

Astrology and Your Soul’s Evolution

Many past life experts agree that souls tend to evolve in cycles, spending a certain number of lifetimes mastering a specific evolutionary goal, and developing qualities or gifts which will then be used in later cycles.

The key to deciphering where you are in your soul’s journey is in the Moon’s phase at your birth, which shows in your astrological chart as the “aspect” between your Sun and Moon. If you don’t have already have a chart and report, you can get them for free by joining CaliforniaPsychics.com’s Karma Rewards Program.

Most astro reports will tell you if there’s a close “aspect” between your Sun and Moon, like a square or a trine, but not whether it’s applying or separating, and waxing or waning, which are important. Applying simply means it’s a bit less than exact (say 87 rather than 90 degrees); separating a bit more.

The simplest way to find out if an aspect is waxing or waning, i.e. before or after the Full Moon (180 degrees) is to turn your chart wheel so the Sun symbol (circle with a dot in the center) is at what would be the noon position on an old-fashioned clock. Because planets move counter-clockwise, if your Moon (the crescent shape in your chart) is on the right hand side of the circle, then it’s after the Full Moon, or waning. If it’s in the left hand section, then it’s prior to the Full Moon, or waxing. Trust me, it’s not as confusing as it sounds!

Here are what the eight phases of soul growth mean:

1. Instigator (New Moon, 0-45 degrees waxing) – Because you’re at the beginning of a cycle, you are gifted with the ability to respond brilliantly and unpredictably to every new situation. People find your leadership irresistible. You’re learning as you go, building a totally new paradigm or foundation from successes … and failures.

2. Escapee (Crescent Moon, sextile or applying square, 45-90 degrees waxing) – Your task is to free yourself from the patterns of your family or cultural background. Not everyone escapes the first lifetime around, partly because the drive to separate begins unconsciously, and partly because you need to develop the necessary spiritual muscle as part of your growth.

3. Activist (First Quarter Moon, separating square or trine, 90-135 degrees waxing) – Plunging ahead where angels fear to tread, in this phase you clear away what you know in your gut is old and obsolete so the future has room to grow. Having already freed yourself from family and cultural assumptions, this time you are clearing the way for others to follow.

4. Systems Analyst (Gibbous Moon, applying opposition or inconjunct, 135-180 degrees waxing) –In this phase it’s all in the details! In this phase You continually ask why, how, and how can it be better or more efficient. You create techniques rather than concepts, and you can be a rabid perfectionist until you learn that the cookie cutter approach doesn’t always cut it.

5. Seeker (Full Moon, separating opposition or inconjunct, 180-135 degrees waning) – This time you’re either the fool or the guru, and sometimes you’re both. After several cycles spent mastering the how’s and why’s of society, this time you’re learning that what you do isn’t nearly as important as what it means. What you look like, what others think of it, have no meaning once you become what you’re seeking.

6. Believer (Disseminating Moon, trine or applying square,135-90 degrees waning) – In this phase you teach what you’ve become. Everything you’ve learned and absorbed through your soul’s experiences as Instigator, Escapee, Activist, Systems Analyst and Seeker provides fuel for the ideals and visions which motivate you so strongly. If you’re in the phase where everything’s really easy, don’t sleep through it!

7. Changer (Last Quarter Moon, separating square or sextile, 90-45 degrees waning) – A part of you understands that you’re nearing completion of this journey. You know in your bones that change equals renewal, and that this is the key to success for this phase. On the surface you seem to be like everyone else, until one morning you wake up and announce that you’re leaving and starting over. And you may do this more than once!

8. Prophet (Balsamic Moon, 45-0 degrees waning) – You’re at the end of this cycle, and clearing Karma fast! You can see the future bleeding through, both for individuals and for society, and aren’t afraid to share what you see. Many of your relationships are very intense, but short lived.

6 Responses to “8 Phases of Your Soul’s Growth”

1. Courtney August 17, 2011 at 3:27 am

YES!!! WTF is with that.. So i know what I came here to do, and i kinda look at this “issue” like.. I’m just building my little black book and the people who are supposed to be in my life, once I blow open the love realization, will be able to reconnect and dead or unbalanced relations will fall to the wayside.. I will be part of the group I came here to add to, but man..

I know time is going faster, and that my time is coming soon, but I’m sitting here going, hmm.. I’ve made some very interesting personal revelations.. and hoping a quantum leaped myself again..

My bday is 12-12-83 – recently met an eccentric but interested 12-21-76… lol I keep telling myself.. just hold off Angela.. oh and i like numerology, but your descriptions aren’t coinciding with the 9 cycles.. but.. my dilemma…

3 names
    Birthname (from birthmother) Courtney Rochelle
    Given Name – Angela Sue Beyer
    Transitioning name – Angela Andrews – and nickname The Blonde A

lol

So can you help me out here i mean i would say i should just combine them all. see what happens bc they are all part of who I currently am.. infact, I’m expanding in ways i never thought anyone could.. Multiverse stuff is rather interesting..

Well. Hope you have time to respond.. if not..

Aho

;-) The Blonde A – Angela Andrews – my preferred not legally changed.. signature lol

2. kvinar April 6, 2011 at 3:09 pm

No kidding. If life were so simplistic we would all have the life that we want. Not that we don’t create our own destiny, we do for sure with the choices that we make. At times it gets hard to believe that what we go thru in order to finally get there, all the while, have been a rock trying our best to set a good example. In addition to extending yourself for the greater good for and to all that you love, when there is no sacrifice or appreciation. Kind of gets to the point where a person gets tired of being sucked in, and has to become the survival of the fittest all on their own regardless. I love your articles too, and will read them more than likely until my dying day. As much as I have extended myself, been a good mom, good wife, good employee, good daughter, still have not found any sense of being with the exception of the unconditional love from all of my critters that know nothing else but this.

3. alcyone7
    alcyone7 April 6, 2011 at 3:43 am

If only real life were so simplistic.

4. velvetoversteel
    velvetoversteel April 5, 2011 at 10:41 am

How interesting post! Each of the eight phases got me to thinking about the steps in my own personal growth. Very intriguing as well as insightful, Verbena!! Thank you!!! :-)

Blessings to you,
    Coreen @ VOS

5. Gina Rose ext.9500
    Gina Rose ext.9500 April 5, 2011 at 8:39 am

Hi Verbena,

This was a fun article !!!! Very informative as well !!!

Blessed Be )O(
    Gina Rose ext.9500

6. abigailx9570
    abigailx9570 April 5, 2011 at 6:04 am

Verbena,
    I just love your articles …..

Many Blessings & cyber hugs